Lots of issues with vista home premium RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there I'm having lots of issues.

First off I'm having an issue related to my sound device driver. I'm unable to install my sound blaster audigy 4 after days of trying.

Multimedia audio controller

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I've tried to reinstall,update & also downloaded the latest version nothing works. it wont even let me install the latest drivers it says no sound device detected on this computer..

Windows has detected an update and wanted to install it so I said yes install my sound drivers from windows update. I get error code 800705b4 Unable to install windows update. then it says Try again. and i get same error over and over again.. I think my windows is broken from supreme commander forged aliance... only after a few hrs of trying to play that broken game my computer messed up.

yet my sound was working 4 days ago just fine. I was playing Supreme Commander Forged Alliance then  after many hours of constant crashes in single player skirmish & multi player the sound stopped working and all I could hear was my Music for the game. So I did a little research online I guess its a compatibility issue with Sound blaster audigy 4. the website told me to disable eax so i did that then sure enough i could here the game again.

but then gears of war & Unreal tournament 3 started to crash constantly with this annoying huge error. the application crashed..

so I decided to uninstall the drivers.  then i messed it up some how and ended up having Creative labs files still on my computer. I decided to uninstall that from the cd then take the sound card out of the computer and reboot. it seamed like the computer was working ok and the games started to work again just fine.

I pop the card back in then it detected it. it started to install the creative audigy wdm drivers but then says error unable to finish installing. connection timed out or something.

Sigh I've had no sound for 4 days because of this.

Issue number Two.

Hell gate London Will not work on vista. I've even tried the lowest settings and I constantly get Graphics driver stopped responding but has recovered. then the hell gate exe crashes and the computer is frozen then says graphics card has stopped responding and has recovered again.  next thing you know I blue screen..

also when playing hell gate i constantly freeze stutter and UN stutter. its very annoying

my computer is a Geforce 8800GTX

Intel core 2 Quad 2.4GHz (4 Processors)

MSI 975X platinum titanium power up edition motherboard

2 gigs of crucial ballistic ddr2 ram

700 Gigs of hard disk space.

lots of fans in the computer also using a Aspire 600 Watt power supply.

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
      OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
      Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode: 116
      BCP1: 87047510
      BCP2: 8CE29E40
      BCP3: 00000000
      BCP4: 0000000D
      OS Version: 6_0_6000
      Service Pack: 0_0
      Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010808-01.dmp
      C:\Users\Vertigo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-86843-0.sysdata.xml
      C:\Users\Vertigo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER77AB.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Issue 3.

I have 4 6to4 Adapter error messaging saying

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

not sure if this is some how linked to my current computer issues. I've UN installed them rebooted and still get the error. I've tried to update them and it says its up to date.

Issue 4.

I have 3 Isatap.{86d8f0b8-288d-4984-8954-f844a797e395} errors resulting in

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Issue 5.

Internet related IPV6 Connectivity limited resulting in poor connections & constant hollowing out or disconnected from the Internet. downloads seam to be capped at 1 to 4kbs. and a 5 meg file seams to take hours to get.

also Internet seams to be on average Sent bytes compression is 5-10% & Received is 3-5% .. lots of connection issues staying connected downloading,constantly getting booted off world of warcraft or the world just locks up like every thing is stuck and my connection is lost then recovers about two minutes later. in result char dead. by mob or something . very frustrating.

New issue. now i'm getting DNS not found microsoft.com dns not found google.com all websites but midmaine.com works and midmaine takes 10 minutes to load. and its my isp providers website. I rebooted re connected many times and it kept saying HTTP:\\ but no website that I typed then said dns not found ????? so I left my computer off for 8 hours and it seams to be working again but its sooo slow its crawling along.

it kept saying that the internet was connected but I had a red X between my isp & the internet world.

Very strange. it was like that for 4 hrs ..

Issue 6.

Network related. When I go into Network manager to see other computers on my network. the other computers are having issues communicating correctly with my windows vista based computer. all other computers are on Windows XP professional.

in result of this its causing communication loss during network games & issues joining and hosting games on the network also my network users can not download pictures or files online. it will result in the file being Currupt or the picture being all pixled looking. also websites don't fully load for them.

also I have to keep setting my network back to private every time I reboot my computer.
    its very annoying.

Issue 7. Elby DVD/CD-rom Drive is having issues. about 30 minutes into a movie it skips foreword and backwards resulting in blank picture using windows media player.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Issue 8. Keyboard issues. Unable to use bios with G15 Gamers keyboard. resulting in keyboard error no keyboard Detected. ive used the bios with my other keyboard and told it to ignore all keyboard errors. after pc finally gets to the desktop the keyboard turns on.

Issue 9. Shutting down is now taking a very long time. some times 5-10 minutes.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm going to try to shut my computer down with my other keyboard later and boot into the bios maby theres an issue with my bios resulting in why my sound and half the other things dont work correctly.my bios is currently out of date says last bios update or something was in December of 2006 I think.

The computer does not allways take 5-10 minutes. some times its really fast some times its really slow.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Conclusion

I may go back to xp if I cant figure any of these issues out. Service pack 3 for xp  Increases system stability and performance but service pack 1 for vista dont do any thing but fixes bugs ????

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 2:09 PM

Answers

•  

I have done some poking around spent my whole day trying to figure this out.

Some issues have been resolved by updating the MSI 975x platinum power up edition motherboards bios

but now new issues have started.

Microsoft website no longer secure? it says the certificates is out of date or has yet to be validated.

Keyboard is fixed. even know the lights don't come on tell after the computer is started I am now able to use my bios & options before windows boots

new issue. Start menue now lagged??? has a really bad delay when clicking on files or moving the scroll bar down and up.

windows detected my on board sound and auto enabled it. on board sound seams to be sort of crackling depending whats going on in the world. I have only tested Unreal tournament 3 at this time with it.

still looking around to find a solution to the other issues. I wish you guys would post something. Maby there's something I have over looked.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:01 PM
  • after further poking around. i fixed nearly all issues.

First 1. Sound issues. after I updated my bios I then disabled the onboard sound and fixed the bios also disabled the onboard sound card. I unpluged my Sound blaster audigy then plugged it back in. seams to be working correctly now.

also make sure you have SBAXVSD_PCDRV_LB_22_12_002.exe driver installed. do not install your sound blaster audigy from the cd. thats a cd from 2004 =o so yeah it will have issues with vista

Fix 2 games now work after updating bios and correctly setting the bios up. make sure the bios is set correctly  and your Windows is set to the right date. mine was set to janurary 1st 2006 =o and constently tryed to sync and started to slow my computer down.

Unreal tournament and gears of war are now working correctly. now odd loss of frame rates crashes & sound issues. same as supreme commander forged aliance.

Fix 3 Elby CD/DVD rom drive is actually clone CD if you uninstall clone cd your elby dvd-rom scsi cdrom device should now be removed.

bug 6t04 adapter & Isatap . not sure what that is I think its actually working correctly. other then that computer works great. Hope this has been helpfull for those of you that might exsperiance the same issue

Isatap and 6t04 are the only error message I am now getting. Great fps in crysis,Unreal tournament 3,Gears of war pc.. Enjoy

Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:04 AM
  • Hello Vertigo,

Thanks for your post and updates!

I agree that updated drivers, especially for BIOS and motherboard, are very important for reliability of an operating system. Without those drivers, the potential risks are unexpected.

Thank you again for sharing so many important tips for us.

About Microsoft 6to4 adapter. It is a feature for IPv6 packets sent to IPv4 network, so if you haven’t IPv6 network deployed in the environment, you can just ignore it. That won’t affect your system.

To remove the error message, please right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator, type the command netsh in 6to4 set state disable, press Enter. The component will be disabled and hidden.

If you have more issues during using Windows Vista, please post it in our forum. I’m happy to be of further assistance. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:24 AM

All replies

•  

I have done some poking around spent my whole day trying to figure this out.

Some issues have been resolved by updating the MSI 975x platinum power up edition motherboards bios

but now new issues have started.

Microsoft website no longer secure? it says the certificates is out of date or has yet to be validated.

Keyboard is fixed. even know the lights don't come on tell after the computer is started I am now able to use my bios & options before windows boots

new issue. Start menue now lagged??? has a really bad delay when clicking on files or moving the scroll bar down and up.

windows detected my on board sound and auto enabled it. on board sound seams to be sort of crackling depending whats going on in the world. I have only tested Unreal tournament 3 at this time with it.

still looking around to find a solution to the other issues. I wish you guys would post something. Maby there's something I have over looked.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:01 PM
  • after further poking around. i fixed nearly all issues.

First 1. Sound issues. after I updated my bios I then disabled the onboard sound and fixed the bios also disabled the onboard sound card. I unpluged my Sound blaster audigy then plugged it back in. seams to be working correctly now.

also make sure you have SBAXVSD_PCDRV_LB_22_12_002.exe driver installed. do not install your sound blaster audigy from the cd. thats a cd from 2004 =o so yeah it will have issues with vista

Fix 2 games now work after updating bios and correctly setting the bios up. make sure the bios is set correctly  and your Windows is set to the right date. mine was set to janurary 1st 2006 =o and constently tryed to sync and started to slow my computer down.

Unreal tournament and gears of war are now working correctly. now odd loss of frame rates crashes & sound issues. same as supreme commander forged aliance.

Fix 3 Elby CD/DVD rom drive is actually clone CD if you uninstall clone cd your elby dvd-rom scsi cdrom device should now be removed.

bug 6t04 adapter & Isatap . not sure what that is I think its actually working correctly. other then that computer works great. Hope this has been helpfull for those of you that might exsperiance the same issue

Isatap and 6t04 are the only error message I am now getting. Great fps in crysis,Unreal tournament 3,Gears of war pc.. Enjoy

Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:04 AM
  • Hello Vertigo,

Thanks for your post and updates!

I agree that updated drivers, especially for BIOS and motherboard, are very important for reliability of an operating system. Without those drivers, the potential risks are unexpected.

Thank you again for sharing so many important tips for us.

About Microsoft 6to4 adapter. It is a feature for IPv6 packets sent to IPv4 network, so if you haven’t IPv6 network deployed in the environment, you can just ignore it. That won’t affect your system.

To remove the error message, please right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator, type the command netsh in 6to4 set state disable, press Enter. The component will be disabled and hidden.

If you have more issues during using Windows Vista, please post it in our forum. I’m happy to be of further assistance. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:24 AM
  •  

As suggested :

Tried command prompt: netsh in 6to4 set state disable, press Enter.

HOWEVER

6TO4 Adapter component is stilll listed as (!) and showing in device manager.

If I do a ipconfig /all...

"Windows IP configuration.

Host Name......HP

Primary DNS Suffix......

Node Type....Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled..... No

WINS Proxy Enabled.....No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 24:"

Good grief...

Help....

-------------------------------------------------------

HP Pavilion dv9505tx

Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-B Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Showing working as before the update, I now have 16 (!) drivers including

My 2 original drivers

3 x 6TO4 Adapter

2 x isatap

5 x WAN miniport

1 x Teredo tunneling

All of which have exclamation marks and are no longer working, and none of which will uninstall.

and yes I've tried updating all drivers...running harddisk checks, system files etc...
    Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:40 PM
  • Hy, i have a new Sony vgn-fz485u laptop with wifi link 4965 agn adapter. I can not connect to any wireless hot spots.
    In Vista Ultimate, in the "connect to a network" window i have the message "windows cannot find any additional networks". If I press the link "Diagnose why Windows cannot find any additional networks" it resets my adapter for 3 times and then it gives up. If I try to connect manually i have ALWAYS the error: "An unexpected error occurred".
    The driver is installed correctly. I have tried the original one from Sony, the update driver from windows update and the latest driver from intel. No change. Also I tried to disable Ipv6. No change. I reinstalled all the drivers in the computer. no change. I disabled my firewall and my antivirus. no change. I even reset all my bios settings, no luck. I have all the updates from windows to date, but this also doesn't help.
    If anyone knows the solution to this problem please reply to this thread.

Thank you
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:50 AM
  •  

Use the Intel PROset utility software instead of the Vista client.
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 10:07 AM