none
DoD 5015.2 Resource Kit for SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a Microsoft DoD 5015.2 Resource Kit for SharePoint 2013?  I researched Microsoft.com, this blog website, and the web but could not find specifically whether SharePoint 2013 is DoD 5015.2 certified other than from third party vendors.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:51 PM

Answers

• That's a very tough question. I have worked previously with clients that have wanted to work within ARIMS and AFRIMS. The short answer is that yes, this is certainly possible to comply with DoD directives on file management. That said, it requires a lot of planning and potentially some slight customization that you can work to develop and send for approval or a third party tool.

Resource:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/recman/archive/2006/11/08/dod-5015-2-certification-for-office-sharepoint-server-2007.aspx

Andy Wessendorf SharePoint Developer II | Rackspace andy.wessendorf@rackspace.com

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:44 PM

All replies

• That's a very tough question. I have worked previously with clients that have wanted to work within ARIMS and AFRIMS. The short answer is that yes, this is certainly possible to comply with DoD directives on file management. That said, it requires a lot of planning and potentially some slight customization that you can work to develop and send for approval or a third party tool.

Resource:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/recman/archive/2006/11/08/dod-5015-2-certification-for-office-sharepoint-server-2007.aspx

Andy Wessendorf SharePoint Developer II | Rackspace andy.wessendorf@rackspace.com

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:44 PM
  • Thank you Andy for your response.
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:49 PM
  • Greetings,

I am supporting a AFRIMS requirement and our customer also needs SharePoint to by SAFIA complaint. Have you or anyone on your team worked with clients  that had this requirement? If so, did you need to use a third party tool (i.e. OpenText) or were you able to customize your SharePoint set-up?

Also, can you explain, or provide a link to a resource, that details why the OOO SharePoint 2013 solution is NOT DoD and AFRIMS compliant?

Thank you,

Ashley

Friday, February 3, 2017 7:28 PM