none
Transfer the program MagicInfo

Question

• I am trying to transfer the program MagicInfo from a machine I believe is about to crash over to a different computer. Both computers run Windows 7. The old computer says it runs Windows 7 under properties, but the display looks like it is pre Windows XP, with the grey taskbar. I called MagicInfo tech support and they told me I needed to change the formatting of the USB in order to get the program to transfer. In all formats except NFTS, I could not get anything to back up to the flash drive and had to copy the files from the C drive. In the NFTS format, I can get it to back up directly to the flash drive, but when I bring it to the other machine, the restore wizard still cannot find a backup to restore from. I am not sure how to proceed from here, and I have to get this done soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Enabled Sharing on the USB and tried to get it to work via the network. Found it in the network and it says Windows does not detect any files to restore from. Is it even possible to restore this program in this way? 

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:47 PM

All replies

• Installed applications, or programs, generally cannot be backed up and restored.

The original installation program is usually needed for the program to be installed on the new computer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:50 PM