SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! Some links won't work in Win7 IE 8 or 9 RRS feed

• Question

• I hope someone can help me...I'm simply tapped out.  I just bought this laptop LenovoG570 on Friday.  It has Windows 7 on it and IE9 (it had IE 8 on it, but someone suggested upgrading to IE9 thinking it would solve my problem...it didn't, still have the same problem).

Here's my problem:  some of the links I click on will not load when I'm on a website.  It's not just certain sites, it can be almost any website and when I click on certain links NOTHING happens most of the time.  If I try to right click and have it load on a separate tab, a tab opens, but nothing loads on it, even if I select "open a new window", nothing happens. 

I work from home and use online tools to perform my job.  The sites I use have links in the pages and I can't use them to perform even the most basic functions, because the links just so happen to be the type that won't load. 

I've been trying to resolve this problem myself since Friday.  I'm NOT a computer technician, so some of the stuff I've read on forums are just "Greek" to me and not on the same platforms.  AND, I can't even click on any of the links in THIS site that might be of some help, because they won't load!!!  So if this has already been asked and answered, sorry, but I can't see it. 

Also, I can't get some popups to work either and you guessed it, some of those popups are the shipping labels I NEED to print.

I tried using Google Chrome, the links worked, but had trouble with popups and printing.  Plus, it's just not my kind of browser either.  Too cumbersome.

I would appreciate any help I can get, but please remember, I'm not that computer savvy.  I can try answering some questions, but if I have to doing anything major, it ain't happenin'! ;)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me!  I really don't know what else to do other than take it to Staples and see if their IT guys can help.  Lastly, Microsoft wouldn't help me unless I paid them $60 and Lenovo wouldn't help me unless I paid them $60, EVEN THOUGH I JUST BOUGHT THIS COMPUTER 4 DAYS AGO AND THE PROBLEM ALREADY EXISTED!!!  It's a MICROSOFT software issue, hot a hardware issue, so it's not covered by the warranty.  This is almost more than one person can handle. 

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:55 PM

Answers

• Visit Java.com and select free Java download and install it.

Then visit Adobe.com and look for the link to install adobe Flash player. Be sure to uncheck the box for the toolbar option that they spam into the free software.

Then try your websites.

• Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

According the issue, this problem also may be caused by one or more of the following files is missing, damaged, or improperly registered:

Urlmon.dll
    Mshtml.dll
    Actxprxy.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    Shell32.dll
    Shdocvw.dll

To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1.Click Start button, move to All Programs -> Accessories, click Command Prompt.
    2.Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then press Enter.
    3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 3 for each of the following files (in step 2, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

Shdocvw.dll
    Actxprxy.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    Mshtml.dll
    Browseui.dll
    Shell32.dll

Hope that helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:04 PM

All replies

• Visit Java.com and select free Java download and install it.

Then visit Adobe.com and look for the link to install adobe Flash player. Be sure to uncheck the box for the toolbar option that they spam into the free software.

Then try your websites.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

According the issue, this problem also may be caused by one or more of the following files is missing, damaged, or improperly registered:

Urlmon.dll
    Mshtml.dll
    Actxprxy.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    Shell32.dll
    Shdocvw.dll

To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1.Click Start button, move to All Programs -> Accessories, click Command Prompt.
    2.Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then press Enter.
    3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 3 for each of the following files (in step 2, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

Shdocvw.dll
    Actxprxy.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    Mshtml.dll
    Browseui.dll
    Shell32.dll

Hope that helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:04 PM