secret copy on a multi-user email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem from a previous admin who, I cant find where this is happening nor can the local Gold MS partner.

It's more of an annoyance than anything but I'd like to find it and remove it. The previous admin seemed to want to track the hr person's email/calendar w/o the persons knowledge. This text is from accepting another persons calendar event and failed email from that. (It's been scrubbed.)

-----------------

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

Previous_Admin
    The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

_____  

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: Exchange_Server.Domain.local

IMCEAEX-_O=CLILANG_OU=First+20administrative+20group_cn=Recipients_cn=Previous_admin@email.com
    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from Exchange_Server.Domain.local ([10.0.0.5]) by Exchange_Server.Domain.local
     ([10.0.0.5]) with mapi; Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:16:33 -0700
    Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    To: Administrator <Administrator2@email.com>, Previous_Admin
                <IMCEAEX-_O=CLILANG_OU=First+20administrative+20group_cn=Recipients_cn=Previous_Admin@email.com>
    Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:16:32 -0700
    Subject: Accepted: test
    Thread-Topic: test
    Thread-Index: Ac7PdC5dDKr1NwJsT7irxJk5typyDgAACyuA
    Message-ID: <C7535D66862A4B44A896D377D5C62CD305A8389EE0@Exchange_Server.Domain.local>
    Accept-Language: en-US
    Content-Language: en-US
    X-MS-Has-Attach:
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <C7535D66862A4B44A896D377D5C62CD305A8389EE0@Exchange_Server.Domain.local>
    acceptlanguage: en-US
    MIME-Version: 1.0

--------

It works like this.

An employee submitted a calendar event to the HR person.

The HR person accepted the calendar event and replied.

The failed  email delivery comes in.

It is not an Outlook rule in the HR persons, they have none.

Like I said, this is irritating but I can't find where this secret CC or BCC is coming from nor the condition that causes it.

BL Hayes

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:27 PM

Answers

• Check the public delegates of the HP person in ADSI:

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:17 AM
  • Have the HR person check the "Delegates" on their mailbox. That's the most common cause of this kind of problem.

It really is a rule in the mailbox that does this, it's just not a rule you can see without resorting to a tool such as MFCMAPI.

If you don't find it there, check to see if there are any transport rules that might be involved.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:22 AM

All replies

• Check the public delegates of the HP person in ADSI:

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:17 AM
  • Have the HR person check the "Delegates" on their mailbox. That's the most common cause of this kind of problem.

It really is a rule in the mailbox that does this, it's just not a rule you can see without resorting to a tool such as MFCMAPI.

If you don't find it there, check to see if there are any transport rules that might be involved.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:22 AM