none
Internet Explorer Intranet Security Zone not Keeping Sites RRS feed

• Question

• At my work, whenever we log into sharepoint for the first time we have to actually input our name and password. After logging in, we add our sharepoint site to the local intranet security zone so that it automatically will sign us in from that point on. However, whenever I try to add the site to my personal local intranet zone (as in the one on my computer, as this has worked on many others) it does not stay. As soon as I exit the window where I added the site, it is completely erased from the face of the planet. I also have tried adding it to the Trusted Sites zone, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

In an attempt to fix this problem, I have looked at all of my settings, including advanced, but have not seen anything that looks particularly wrong. Being as this didn't seem to be the problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled IE 11. This still warranted no change. Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone at least know what I can do to fix it?

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try to reset the Internet Explorer of to see the result, By resetting Internet Explorer settings, you return Internet Explorer to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer:

1.Click the Tools button of the Internet Explorer, and then click Internet Options.

2.Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

3.Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

4.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

Any other problems you can post back.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Your system administrators can control IE's default settings with Group Policies. They are the best ppl to contact if you have problems with your computer's configuration.

Its highly likely that they are controlling what sites are allowed to be added or removed from an IE security zone.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/

Rob^_^

Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:30 AM
  • I know that, however I am the only one who has been implementing any GPO's at our work, we have one other one for a few things that I didn't implement, but I know what it does. No GPO is on our network, at least that I can find, that controls the sites able to be added. And that wouldn't make sense on why I would be the only person targeted for this policy because I'm the only one who seems to have the problem.
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:01 PM
  • Hi,

Try to reset the Internet Explorer of to see the result, By resetting Internet Explorer settings, you return Internet Explorer to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer:

1.Click the Tools button of the Internet Explorer, and then click Internet Options.

2.Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

3.Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

4.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

Any other problems you can post back.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:38 AM
  • This is not an answer. I have done this, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled internet explorer. The only thing that has fixed the problem is a complete reinstall of windows. This is a painstakingly long process to go through for everyone who has this problem, and extremely costly to the company. Is there any way you could look into this further and see if there's another fix? Thanks
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:58 PM