DP's and Boundaries RRS feed

• Question

•  

From the beginning i had 1 boundary to DEFAULT-FIRST-SITE-NAME, everything work fine. Suddenly th eactive directory sites were changed from 1 "DEFAULT-FIRST-SITE-NAME" to 2 "LOCATION1" and "LOCATION2". I removed the "DEFAULT-FIRST-SITE-NAME" boundary in SCCM and added 2 new boundaries "LOCATION1" and "LOCATION2".

The problem is that clients started to report that they dont have available DPs for packages. I updated GP's on server and clients, Restarted Server and Clients, Still Clients report that they dont have available DP's.

Is there something else I should do to SCCM config? Like to reinstall my DP's roles so clients will get the DP's for their AD sites?

Anyone has any clue?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:44 PM

Answers

• Problem is solved! Network guys had thei AD sites subnets misconfigured.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:59 PM

All replies

• Have you checked whether you have protected your DP's with subnets or AD sites? Are they right?

Is the advertisement(s) you have created set to never download from a remote DP? (If the client thinks the DP is remote due to a misconfiguration and the advertisement is set to never download then the client will never be able to run it)

Justin

Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:02 AM
  • Problem is solved! Network guys had thei AD sites subnets misconfigured.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:59 PM