none
Installing the Camera App

Question

• Hello,

I'm having a hard time to get the Camera App to work on the LTSB version of Windows 10. I've follow a few directions where it's saying to create a folder and subfolder for the x64 and x86 file, create an application from within MDT and point to it to the AppBundle file.

It shows that it install but I'm not able to launch the Camera app. Is there another way. I see something about sideloading the app but what file do I point it to?

Friday, March 10, 2017 11:59 PM

Answers

• UWP is not part of Windows 10 LTSB. The Camera App is UWP. So find another way to use the camera or install Windows 10 Enterprise.

So you make a LTSB version of Windows 10 for kiosk or any environment that's mission critical and this is the best answer you have. What if a Marketing Department want to use a Surface Pro 4 as a "Kiosk" for an interactive event that needs to make use of the camera? Or what if one of my stores wants to use this as a Kiosk to promote something? We can't depend on fault updates that Microsoft has been pushing out in the past.

We're not going to use the Enterprise version because of all the apps that are preinstalled. Uninstalling them would be too risk and probably make the OS unstable.

I found my answer through a Microsoft post and got it to work.

• Marked as answer by Chris Keuk Monday, March 13, 2017 1:43 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• UWP is not part of Windows 10 LTSB. The Camera App is UWP. So find another way to use the camera or install Windows 10 Enterprise.
    Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:25 PM

So you make a LTSB version of Windows 10 for kiosk or any environment that's mission critical and this is the best answer you have. What if a Marketing Department want to use a Surface Pro 4 as a "Kiosk" for an interactive event that needs to make use of the camera? Or what if one of my stores wants to use this as a Kiosk to promote something? We can't depend on fault updates that Microsoft has been pushing out in the past.

We're not going to use the Enterprise version because of all the apps that are preinstalled. Uninstalling them would be too risk and probably make the OS unstable.

I found my answer through a Microsoft post and got it to work.

• Marked as answer by Chris Keuk Monday, March 13, 2017 1:43 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 1:43 PM
  • Hi Chris Keuk,

If you would share the troubleshooting experience here and mark it, it would be very useful as a reference for the person who will come across the similar issue in the near future and we would appreciate it very much. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:27 AM