Group by date in list makes mistake on one day RRS feed

• Question

• I just found a weird mistake in SP2007...

In one list, all the items are grouped my a date field descending (most recent first).
    Now this all works fine, but the items from 2 days ago (26/10/2011) got grouped together with the previous day (25/10/2011)

All other days are being grouped fine, can anyone explain this behaviour? 

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:58 AM

Answers

• I had seen such issues due to incorrect time zone settings for the web application.

Open Central Administration and check Web Application General settings. There you will have the option to select time zone. Ensure it matches the time zone where the server is located.

Monday, October 31, 2011 6:22 AM

All replies

• Please check again the column values with which you are grouping. This is not a mistake in SharePoint, something else is going wrong here.
    Shubham Goyal
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:36 AM
  • Check the screenshot... dates are on the far right...column is called "Datum" same as the group by

Friday, October 28, 2011 11:10 AM
  • Are these dates from an All Day Event or do they have a time associated to them?

- Xenox G.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 4:52 PM
  • Are you using Data view web part or its the problem in default forms?
    Shubham Goyal
    Friday, October 28, 2011 6:21 PM
  • I had seen such issues due to incorrect time zone settings for the web application.

Open Central Administration and check Web Application General settings. There you will have the option to select time zone. Ensure it matches the time zone where the server is located.

Monday, October 31, 2011 6:22 AM