none
SET Teaming Error after phisical nic replacment, Add-VMSwitchTeamMember : Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have windows 2019 Datacenter, and I configure SET Teaming with 2  embedded network card (dell server).  Everything works fine until i must replace motherboard, after replacement to this same model, my SET Teaming doesn't work, I see that 2 embedded NIC as normal unconfigured NIC. When I want to add this NIC to that SET VM Switch using command :

$vmswitch = Get-VMSwitch -Name SET-TrunkTeam2
    Add-VMSwitchTeamMember -VMSwitch $vmswitch -NetAdapterName NIC1
    I got error
    Add-VMSwitchTeamMember : Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source
    Can anyone help me how to add my physical NIC to that SET VMswitch without delete entire vmswitch

Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

>>Add-VMSwitchTeamMember : Value cannot be null.

It seems that the SET VMswitch has been broken , I am afraid you might have to delete the VMswitch.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Friday, July 12, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hi.

It means that SET Teaming is totally not suable for production environment, if it can't handle simple hardware replacement after failure, and i must delete and recreate all settings associated that SET teaming.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:44 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your updating.

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:32 AM
  • Hi

To help me you can contact me with people who can fix SET Teaming (i can test their solutions on my environment with this bug), not only on my environment but in general of everyone an make it suitable for the production environment.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi ,

I understand that the issue brought some trouble to you. Sorry for all these inconvenience. 

I would suggest you open a case with Microsoft, more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.

Here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Best Regards,

Candy

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:11 AM