DB-assigned applications do not get installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get MDT to install client applications, during a deployment task sequence, based on entries in an MDT SQL database. Right now, I have roles for each specific model of PC we have out there, and with that, specific applications for each of them. MDT doesn't install them. It just passes right over them with no mention in the error logs. Everything else looks fine. The PC gets the right name, joins the domain in the correct OU, but doesn't get the apps. What else could I check?

Thanks

Jason

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:19 PM

All replies

• Did you run "configure database rules" to update customsettings.ini to process Roles, Make Model, etc?

If you define the apps in Roles, then be sure to add that role to the Make/Model entry.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:57 PM
  • I did, and re-did with all of the options checked (default). 

Jason

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:36 AM
  • You absolutely sure that the model names you added to the database match the name reported?

From one of those machines, open a PowerShell window and run

get-wmiobject win32_computersystem

That will report the manufacture name and model. The database entries need to match those names exactly.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:36 PM
  • The return from that PowerShell query is as expected for both make and model. Is there a technical difference between "make" and "manufacturer?"

Jason

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:16 PM