We coudn't find this Skype meeting RRS feed

• Question

• One of the Skype for Business user scheduled a recurring meeting (once a week) for next 10 months.

On very first instance of the meeting, when user tried to join that meeting, he/she gets the message that "We couldn't find this Skype meeting"

It has happened multiple times with same user/organizer.

When I looked at SQL database for on the FrondEnd servrer using, that specifc meeting doesn't exist.

DBAnalyze.exe /report:user /user:<User SIP Address> /sqlserver:<Lync FE server FQDN>\rtclocal > Outputfile.txt

My question is hoe come meeting can automatically get deleted/expired. It has happened multiple times with same user/organizer.

Thanks,

Manish

Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Manish,

Welcome to our forum.

Did this issue just occur on recurring meeting?
    Is the standard edition or enterprise edition for you Skype for business server?

Conferencing information will be stored in SQL server which is backend. You should check the conferencing information on backend database:
    DBAnalyze.exe /report:user /user:<User SIP Address> /sqlserver:<SQL server FQDN>\rtclocal > Outputfile.txt

To this issue, we suggest you check connectivity between FE and SQL server. For a test, please disable A/V software and Windows firewall on FE and SQL server to check if the issue persist. Check if there are any errors in application log and post them for our troubleshooting.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 6, 2017 8:58 AM
  • Thanks Jim for reply.

It is Skype for Business EE Pool.

It has happened multiple times with recurring meetings of one specific Skype for Business organizer/user.

When I ran the below command, that specific meting is no longer shown in that.

DBAnalyze.exe /report:user /user:<User SIP Address> /sqlserver:<SQL server FQDN>\rtclocal > Outputfile.txt

Curious to understand how come meeting can get auto deleted.

Thanks,

Manish

Friday, January 6, 2017 7:33 PM
  • Hi Manish,

If that, we suggest you run the following command for the problematic user and working user to check if there are any differences:

Get-CsUser <SIP address>

If there are both same, please move the problematic user to another pool to have a test. If you don’t have another pool, try to disable and re-enable user using SFB control pane as the following snapshot:

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:21 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:51 AM
  • We see this occurring frequently at my company (~5000 users) but it is random.  For example, I join meetings all the time with lots of people, but there are two users whose meetings (since all the meetings from a user are effectively the same invite) I cannot join unless they call me from the meeting.  It is very odd because other users can join those meetings although in at least one case there is another user that cannot join one of those meetings.  The message is always "We couldn't find this meeting".  

Howard Behr

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

LyncSfB certainly does expire conferences, however the timings are normally quite sympathetic, something like 14 days for a one off conference and 6 months since the last access for recurring conferences. In the past when i have seen this it has been because of the way the conference was created, e.g a one off conference is created triggering the 14 day limit, the conference is then copied or edited to be recurring. For some reason Lync/SFB doesn't seem to always pick up on the changes.

You can edit the default expiration timings using the Set-CsUserServicesConfiguration as below

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398340.aspx

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:19 PM
  • Hi Manish, 

Analyze whether this happens for newly  created meetings as well or just for the recurring one which was created earlier. Check with fresh meeting and monitor the behavior. I would also suggest to check the CU update on the server and see if the database and CMS is also up-to date with the versions . 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dodeitte/2015/05/10/how-to-verify-if-skype-for-business-server-2015-database-updates-completed-successfully/

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:21 AM
  • Please did you get a solution to this issue. ?

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:24 PM
  • any solution ?
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:36 PM