Cannot see incidents in a queue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every one! Could you please help me with a problem I encountered when investigating SCSM? I'm a novice with SCSM. I have SCSM2012 Beta installed.

I'm trying figure out how to work with queues. The problem is that when I limit access of some user role to some specific queue, a user that belongs to the user role cannot see incidents even they meet the queue's criteria.

There are details of what I'm doing in Service Manager Console:

As Service Manager Console's administrator:

1 Create some incidents with different templates as well as without any template applied.
    2 Create a queue with the "Sample Queue" name and the "Incident" work item type.
      - Select to store it in the "Service Manager Incident Management Configuration Library" management pack.
      - Leave the queue criteria empty.
    3 Create a new "Advanced Operator" (or "Author") user role. Name it, for example, "Sample Role".
      - On the all tabs except "Queues" select "All (things) can be accessed".
      - On the "Queue" tab select to provide access only to the "Sample Queue" queue.
      - Add some domain user, for example, "UserA" to the role.

4 Log into the system as "UserA" and start Service Manager Console.
    5 Go to "Work Items" -> "Incident Management" -> "All Incidents".
    6 The "All Incidents" view contains no incidents although they meet the criteria of the selected queue.

What am I doing wrong? What should I do to populate some incidents into the "Sample Queue" queue and to allow the "UserA" user work with the incidents from that queue?

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Sergey,

can the administrator see the incidents you created in the All Incidents view? Just to verify that the incidents really were created.
    From what you describe, this configuration would allow UserA to see all incidents in the All Incidents view if you were running SCSM2010 (and I doubt that this behaviour have been changed to SCSM2012Beta).
    What happens if you configure the queue critera to include e.g. all incidents with a specific classification category? Will UserA then see those incidents in the All Incidents view? Of course, first verify that you have incidents with the classification that you set in the queue criteria.

Friday, November 18, 2011 12:37 PM
  • > can the administrator see the incidents you created in the All Incidents view? Just to verify that the incidents really were created.

Yes, sure. Administrator sees even incidents that was created by UserA although the latter cannot see them as well. I mean, when UserA creates incidents, they just disappear from the UserA views, but Administrator sees those incidents perfectly.

> What happens if you configure the queue critera to include e.g. all incidents with a specific classification category?

Although I didn't experiment with "classification category", I tried to configure the queue to include only 'Urgency=Low AND Impact=Low' incidents. And certainly there were incidents that meet this criteria. But it didn't help.

• Edited by Sergey AT Friday, November 18, 2011 4:53 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 4:52 PM