Changing POP email address in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I am not a techie at all but have an issue maybe someone can help with?

I heard that people were getting spam messages from me so changed my bt internet login with BT.

In Outlook I use a Pop account.

I keep trying to change the same email address in Outlook (I can get to the correct screen.)

But when I try to send/receive emails the pop up box keeps prompting for the password and will only let me type in the old one.

I have deleted the accounts in the Credential Manager from the Control Panel.

I have wasted days on this and very frustrated!

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Sunday, March 1, 2020 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Helen,

You changed your email address in Outlook via File > Account Settings > Double click your account > Modify your Account name, right.

If so, this ask you for a password, this is by design. And this method is not recommended since it can casue many problems.

>> I heard that people were getting spam messages from me so changed my bt internet login with BT.

Please check your internet environment and clean your computer. If possible, it is also suggested to use a new email account.

If this is not yor case, please provide me with more details about your issue so I cacn do further research:

>> I heard that people were getting spam messages from me so changed my bt internet login with BT.

What does this mean? How did you change your bt internet login?

>> I keep trying to change the same email address in Outlook (I can get to the correct screen.)

How do you change your address in Outlook client?

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 2, 2020 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:39 AM