none
Software to recovery data on EPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I thinkthat one of my file is corrupted.

I would like to install the software that will allow me to repair damaged schedules.

Can you recommend any software to recovery data for Microsoft®Project Server 2010 databases?

Txn Darek

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Dariusz,

I agree with what Rob says, what is broken? Does the schedule not open / errors or task has moved/ disappeared etc?

As Rob pointed out, do you use the Daily Schedule Backup functionality in Project Server 2010? This is the only itme level recovery possible out of the box, other drastic measures are to restore earlier database backups to recovery farms and save out the "non corrupt" version of plan as an MPP file then save into the production system. - The builtin admin back up and restore is a lot easier...

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:08 AM

All replies

• Why do you think one of your plans is corrupted? You need to provide more information on this first.

If you are talking about 1 specific project plan, do you have administrative backup schedule set in PWA's server settings? If you do, you could administrative restore, to a earlier version of the project (the backups occur if a schedule has been set, and when projects have been modified, and potentially several versions, depending on what retention ratio is defined).

Have a look in server settings.

Other option is to restore an older backup of your project server databases to another instance, and retrieve the project. You will obviously need to roughly know what the issue occurred, which we do not understand from your post.

Monday, April 29, 2013 8:47 AM
  • I'm an advanced user and know backup. I know that it is broken at 100% and trying to find the best tools to repair use directly in the database or in the file *. mpp.
    Monday, April 29, 2013 9:30 AM
  • Hi Dariusz,

I agree with what Rob says, what is broken? Does the schedule not open / errors or task has moved/ disappeared etc?

As Rob pointed out, do you use the Daily Schedule Backup functionality in Project Server 2010? This is the only itme level recovery possible out of the box, other drastic measures are to restore earlier database backups to recovery farms and save out the "non corrupt" version of plan as an MPP file then save into the production system. - The builtin admin back up and restore is a lot easier...

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:08 AM