none
Issues recognizing Windows 2012, 2012bR2, 8, & 8.1 Filters? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone been able to get "This can run only on the specified client platforms" to work properly on Windows 8 or 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 or 2012 r2? So far after looking at the ZTIGather log, it looks like Microsoft forgot to modify it to allow the script to determine 8, 8.1, 2012, & 2012 R2. I thought about adding it, but not sure what it could break or where else it will need to be added to. Suggestions/Help? 
    Monday, February 2, 2015 4:28 AM

Answers

• We purposely chose to not do the "old style" version checks, as you can see in ZTIGather.wsf.  However, changes to that would have no impact on the conditions.

Are you talking about conditions placed on the task sequences themselves, or on steps in the task sequence?  The task sequence engine in MDT 2013 can't tell that it is running on 8/8.1, something that will be fixed in MDT 2013 Update 1.

Thanks,
    -Michael Niehaus
    Senior Product Marketing Manager, Windows Deployment
    http://blogs.technet.com/mniehaus
    mniehaus@microsoft.com

Monday, February 2, 2015 4:53 AM

All replies

• We purposely chose to not do the "old style" version checks, as you can see in ZTIGather.wsf.  However, changes to that would have no impact on the conditions.

Are you talking about conditions placed on the task sequences themselves, or on steps in the task sequence?  The task sequence engine in MDT 2013 can't tell that it is running on 8/8.1, something that will be fixed in MDT 2013 Update 1.

Thanks,
    -Michael Niehaus
    Senior Product Marketing Manager, Windows Deployment
    http://blogs.technet.com/mniehaus
    mniehaus@microsoft.com

Monday, February 2, 2015 4:53 AM
  • Michael,

Thanks for the quick response. I was referencing the condition on the task sequence itself that you can also set on applications. If you select that is can only be run on for example Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 x64, it'll show up fine for Windows 7 x64 but doesn't show up for Windows 8 x64. After modifying the ZTIGather script by adding the code below, I was able to get it to show up on Windows 8 x64 if that was the only operating system specified. If I say its allowed to run on both Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8 x64 after modifying the script, it will still show up for Windows 7 but not Windows 8. Any ideas? 

The part of ZTIGather that i modified:

Select Case sCurrentBuildNumber
    Case "1381"
    sOSVersion = "NT"
    Case "2195"
    sOSVersion = "2000"
    Case "2600"
    sOSVersion = "XP"
    Case "3790"
    sOSVersion = "2003"
    Case Else

If Left(sOSCurrentVersion, 3) = "6.1" Then