Store Reports On database RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have to store the reporting to the database that is on Remote Access Management Console. so is there any way to store that reports.

thanks,

Roshan

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:36 AM

All replies

• hi all ,

is there any script which helps us to store the reports of Direct Access Server that is on Remote Access Management to the database.

thanks,

Roshan 

Friday, December 2, 2016 6:50 AM
  • I'm not sure that I completely understand your question, but here's what I know:

If you go into the "Reporting" section and enable accounting, you have options for storing the connection data in two different ways. First is the built-in WID, which is what everyone uses. Second is to output the data to a RADIUS server, but I really don't see anyone using that method.

When you store the information in the WID on the DA server, it stores on the hard drive, but it hardly takes up any room at all. It's very minimal. If you need to export that data, you can generate a report from inside the Reporting section of the Remote Access Management Console, generate the report, and then use the button to export it to Excel. Otherwise, there may be a way to tap into the WID directly, but that is beyond the scope of the Remote Access console and I don't know how you would do that.

I hope that helps!

Friday, January 6, 2017 9:24 PM
  • hi jordan,

Thanks for your reply. I found the data from WID and the DirectAccess internal Database which is under windows.

i am able to see those data by installing SQL in the server but i want that data to fetch out from the DA server to other Database server and data should be continuously replicating into other database. so is there any way to do that.

Thanks,

Roshan

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:10 PM
  • Sounds like that would be more of a SQL-specific question, to see if it could replicate its data over to another SQL server, perhaps?

I'm not sure that Microsoft would officially support running SQL on a DirectAccess server in the first place, generally when you setup a DA server it only serves that one role and nothing else, to make sure any other services or apps you install don't conflict with what DirectAccess itself is doing. But as long as everything still seems to be running fine with SQL installed, then I wouldn't be worried about that.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:59 PM