Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Audio card RRS feed

• Question

• Installation went fine for everything other then the fact that I have no Audio.  I tried to download the driver for my audio card for Windows XP/Vista and when I try to install I get an error that I must use an OS newer then Windows XP.  It also did not like my drive for my much beloved Monster HP 5si printer.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.  I really want to try the new OS as I really did not care for Vista so I am still using Windows XP on my Dual boot.

Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:30 PM

Answers

• For sound card try these

Printer try letting windows update hunt for the driver but give it plenty of time, that may not work. otherwise, right click on installer, select Properties go to Compatibility select xp.
    Then right click again and select run as administrator. Or if you can find Vista drivers try the same setting compatibiity to vista.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 8:48 PM
  • use these drivers i'm running the same card and it works fine on this set of drivers

SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 1.0 (01/13/2009) - Sound Blaster - Creative Labs
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:07 PM

All replies

• For sound card try these

Printer try letting windows update hunt for the driver but give it plenty of time, that may not work. otherwise, right click on installer, select Properties go to Compatibility select xp.
    Then right click again and select run as administrator. Or if you can find Vista drivers try the same setting compatibiity to vista.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 8:48 PM
  • use these drivers i'm running the same card and it works fine on this set of drivers

SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 1.0 (01/13/2009) - Sound Blaster - Creative Labs
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:07 PM