none
Error in Expected Rule Entry Creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

While exporting a user object in Fim Portal, I get few requests having request status as "PostProcessingError" which have display name as "Create Person: '' Request". For these requests no ERE is being applied to the object despite the fact it is coming in set for MPR having transition-in and due to this I have to manually add the ERE to it.

When I open the request I see the error message as "An unexpected error occurred when trying to create the Expected Tule Entry. Inspect the error logs for more information." but whenever I search Logs in Event Viewer, I am not able to fetch any log for the same.

Kindly suggest and all the responses would be highly appreciated.

Please Note : This does not comes always, it comes randomly in the production environment.

Regards,

Manuj Khurana

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:39 PM

All replies

• Never seen this before. Have you tried upgrading to the latest build in case this was a bug in the build you are using?
    Friday, February 14, 2014 8:25 AM
  • We have done a lot of customization in our environment, so we have to do a well defined testing before installing latest hotfix. If you have any other suggestion then please go ahead.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:48 PM
  • The request title suggests that you have no DisplayName attribute on the users causing this.

Is your sync rule or workflow dependent on this attribute being present?

Thanks, Brian

• Proposed as answer by Andrew Masse Friday, February 28, 2014 12:27 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:45 PM
  • Brian,

No I have not configured rules in such a way in which I have dependency in Display Name attribute. This attribute is being generated from First Name and Last name of the user. So I believe this is not the issue.

Thanks, Manuj

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:17 PM
  • When the error happens, the Person object is created successfully?

Do you have any custom activities attached to creation of persons that might fail?

Paolo Tedesco - http://cern.ch/idm

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:25 PM
  • Paolo,

We are using custom activities but not for the user creation.

Thanks, Manuj

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:25 PM
  • Hello,

I think you are trying to start all WF (including the adding of the Sync Rule) during the "create Person" request, and could crash if WFs are in concurrencies.

Try to seperate them, and do:

• after creating person, start WF computing attributes
    • after this action, add Sync Rule by using dedicated MPR and SET (filtering on accountname/displayname...)

Maybe it could resolve your issue.

/antho.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Manuj,

Any specific reason you chose to use the ERE route? Have you considered using the Scope Filter route to apply Synchronization Rules?

Scope Filter is an option available in FIM 2010 R2 which works better in long run both from performance and from maintenance stand point.

Thanks,

Jameel Syed | Identity & Security Strategist | jameel.syed@credexo.com | Simplified Identity and Access Management

• Edited by Jameel Syed Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Jameel Syed Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:54 AM
  • Jameel,

Sure, I will try the same as well.

Thanks,

Manuj

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:52 AM