none
PS2010: My timesheet simple customization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a question related to my timesheet...I guess that it is an easy question...

When I do click on My Timesheet  I can see all the tasks where I need to inform to my project manager and timesheet approval...that is OK.

My question is related to this view,...by default I can see all the related tasks...and I would like to see my project tasks only when I select o do click on Insert row: and select the option INSERT TASK instead to view all the related tasks in the timesheet view.  I want to accomplish this...because I have a lot of tasks...and only...I want to check/update...the tasks that I insert via the ribbon...

How could I configure PWA in order to see only the Project Name and Tasks that I import (instead to view all)

Thank you in advance for your time and responses. 

Best regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:37 PM

Answers

• Thank you Prasana! now is clear for me! thank you for your post! :-) for me this issue is solved ;-)

Have a great day everyone!!

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    • Marked as answer by Pedro Fraile Monday, January 23, 2012 3:17 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:17 PM

All replies

• Pedrof,

While I do not think there is a way to filter for "Inserted" tasks, you could choose to not 'pre-populate' at all, and let users add their tasks from Insert Row command.

That way they would be able to see only tasks that they insert.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:00 PM
  • Hi Prasanna,

Currently I have "No prepopulation" checkbox...but when I go to my timesheet I can see all my tasks... :-(

And as I want to do...(my goal) is that when I go to my timesheet...it did not appears at all (it appears in blank) and only I can see tasks through the insert menu.

I want to accomplish this...because I have a lot of tasks for this reason I want to insert the tasks that I need...(not all)

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:24 PM
  • Pedro --

The settings will not have any effect on an existing Timesheet.  Click the Manager Timesheets link in the Quick Launch Menu, select the Timesheet period, delete it, and then recreate it.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:15 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I did it...

I deleted all the Timesheet previously...then when I do click in the timesheet...still it appears tasks...

Here, you can see this behavior (once deleted all the timesheet...the information appears in the timesheet):

Thank you in advance to everyone and have a great day.

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Friday, January 20, 2012 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

If you move the mouse over the "Click here to create" from manage timesheet page, you see arrow with the options "Do not auto populate" , which will create the timesheet without any tasks. And you can add the tasks using insert row.

Thanks, Arun
    Monday, January 23, 2012 12:23 PM
  • Arun,

Where is this option? It doesn't appears...

Perhaps, I am a bit "thick" because I cannot locate this option. Could you send me a screenshot?

Thank you in advance!!

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Monday, January 23, 2012 12:48 PM
  • Go to Manage Timesheet

Thanks, Arun
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Hi Arun,

First of all, thank you for your response!!! I don't want boring you...:-(

My issue is that nothing appears when I do click in "Hacer clic para crear"

This menu no appears in this windows...also I am using SEM (single entry mode) but...this is very strange...why is not displaying these options....

Thank you for your interest.

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:46 PM
  • Hi Pedrof,

The arrow will appear when you move the mouse over "click to create".

Note : It won't appear when you click on the link OR if you already opened the timesheet.

Thanks, Arun
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:54 PM
  • Pedrof,

The menu will not appear if you are using Single Entry Mode.

Also, No pre-population will not work in Single Entry Mode. Please see my conversation here reg. the same topic a while ago.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/projectserver2010general/thread/629e62c7-3417-4413-b965-ebc79009d9fb

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:02 PM
  • Yes, I am aware of this (the arrow will appear when you move the mouse over "click to create...") but muy issue is that it doesn't appear this menu...(it is very strange...)

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:06 PM
  • Thank you Prasana! now is clear for me! thank you for your post! :-) for me this issue is solved ;-)

Have a great day everyone!!

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-
    • Marked as answer by Pedro Fraile Monday, January 23, 2012 3:17 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:17 PM