Windows Live won't let me send emails to groups of contacts any more RRS feed

• Question

• I used to be able to send out emails to groups of contacts (up to 99 in any group) but since the weekend I can't.  I get the Error 452 too many recipients message.  I've been on to my ISP who say there is nothing wrong with the server and they can't help me.  I haven't changed anything on the computer to make this happen.  I am using Windows Live on Windows 7 OS.  I can't send from the Webmail site either but I get a different message telling me I'm not using a valid email address - even though it's the one I use all the time and I did check carefully that it was correctly typed.  I can still send individual emails out.

Can anyone help as I need to get messages out to lots of people and can't do it one by one as it would take far too long.

Friday, October 4, 2013 9:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Windows Live Mail is a separate application and is not a part of the Windows 7 Operating System.

You will find the forums for Windows Live Essentials, including Windows Live Mail, @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/support#top-solutions=windows-7

Windows Live Mail specifically is found @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/email-communication-help#email-communication-help=windows-7&v0h=winrttab1&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab4&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by v-Ada Monday, October 7, 2013 7:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, October 21, 2013 3:04 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 10:40 AM
  • Don't waste your time ,  no help there 

darlene brabant

Monday, August 29, 2016 6:23 PM
  • I realize this post is from 2013 but I recently updated from Live version 14 of 2009 to win live 2012. I had a freeze up problem for years which required me to do a hard shutdown and restart to recover. Since I removed version 14 and installed 2012 over it the problem has not occurred.   I also found that I was no longer able to send a group email and fixed it for me. So the problem with Live not sending group mails which transferred with from old contacts list was resolved by creating a new category for the existing one, and then holding the control key and left clicking to select each of the contacts from previous list and right click to copy them all at once to the new category. Worked like a charm.
    • Proposed as answer by sharbill Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:14 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:13 AM