I cannot download ANY apps from Windows 10 app store RRS feed

• Question

• I have a microsoft account and I am signed in to the account while operating my computer at all times. My family member, who is a user on my computer can download apps with no issues. When I sign into my user account, I cannot download apps at all. So, I don't know what technically could be wrong because we are speaking of the same computer. When I open the shopping bag icon for windows, select an app to download that is free, click on "get app," the whole tab just dissolves and closes without any download happening. Based on that information, what could be the issue? Why can my family member, who is a user on the same computer download apps but I can't? We both have microsoft accounts; I don't have any restrictions that I know of, we don't have any fancy firewalls set up on this computer. Please help...thanks.
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can also try to repair store app by running following powershell command:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If the issue still persists, repair your user profile:

Fix: Corrupt User Profile in Windows 10
    http://windowsreport.com/corrupt-user-profile-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 19, 2016 7:34 AM

All replies

• For the user with the issue try a Windows Store Reset. Right click start choose Command Prompt. enter wsreset and press enter. The screen will pause with the cursor for a minute or two then open Store. Does that help?
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

You can also try to repair store app by running following powershell command:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If the issue still persists, repair your user profile:

Fix: Corrupt User Profile in Windows 10
    http://windowsreport.com/corrupt-user-profile-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 19, 2016 7:34 AM