none
Windows Server Backup Missing Snapin Hyper-v 2012 R2 Core

Question

• Hello,

I'am currently running Hyper-V Core 2012 R2 I'am managing it with Server Manager from a local machine with Win 8. I've installed the feature Windows Server Backup, but cant see it in tools. I've installed Remote Server Administration tools and still it's not showing. I've serched in Windows folder/System32 and I find only wbadmin.exe and wbadmin.exe.mui but there isn't and wbadmin.mmc. From what I've red this issue might be caused if missing DFS and NLB fetures, but i got both DFS Manager and Network Load Balancing Manager installed. I've tried to uninstall and install the feature and again nothing. When i list for Installed features in Powershell directly on the Hyper-V core server it says that the feature is installed. I can acces the wbadmin commands, but I want to acces the GUI. Yes i know I can do it with wbadmin and schedule backup job, but I'am not rly into cmdlets. I'will be pleased with any advices about this issue.

Have a great day!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>> I'am managing it with Server Manager from a local machine with Win 8.I've installed the feature Windows Server Backup, but cant see it in tools.

Unfortunately , there is no "windows server backup" in RSAT .

I'm afraid you may need to use command to configure the schedule or you may consider using backup software to achieve that (such as , SCDPM ).

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:08 AM