URL Rule set is not getting exported when taking whlbackup. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am using IAG Sp2 update 3. I have 2 IAG servers with IAG Sp2 Update 3.

I published applications in one IAG server. publishing includes Custom Rule sets also.

When i take the backup from one server using whlbackup command and restore it to another server using the same command the URL set is not getting restored. I am not sure if it is taken in the backup. Which forces me to take the URL set backup alone and restore it.

Any body faced this issue already. Any solutions or workaround for the same.

Thanks!!!

Regards, R@j
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:08 PM

Answers

• When creating a backup and restoring it, the URL Set is included and should restore on the target server. It might be that you have not imported the encryption keys on the 2nd server. You might try restoring the backup on a 3rd server to see if the problem is with the restore or backup.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, March 15, 2010 6:14 PM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 6:14 PM

All replies

• Custom URL rules won't be exported if the application type is InternalSite.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 9:32 PM
  • thank you for the reply. Is this a limitation or a bug? is this documented any where in the technet or blogs?
    Regards, R@j
    Friday, March 12, 2010 10:39 PM
  • When creating a backup and restoring it, the URL Set is included and should restore on the target server. It might be that you have not imported the encryption keys on the 2nd server. You might try restoring the backup on a 3rd server to see if the problem is with the restore or backup.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, March 15, 2010 6:14 PM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 6:14 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Ben.

The Encryption keys are perfectly imported. I tried restoring in 3rd server and still the same issues. All custom Rule set created are getting imported except those created for Internal site.

As mentioned by AppServer is there a known issue about the internalsite rule set not getting exported?

Regards, R@j
    Monday, March 29, 2010 4:59 PM