You’ve Been Signed In With A Temporary Profile RRS feed

• Question

• guys please forgive me but this error is driving me crazy.  Has anyone ever gotten a message for one of your users saying
    You’ve Been Signed In With A Temporary Profile

I did everything this site said to do and he's still got a temporary profile, I cant make him another account because their accounts are based off their Human Resources Employee number..can anyone advise please

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/you-ve...porary-profile
    Monday, May 4, 2015 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hi

From built in administrator account create a new user account and transfer the profile data.

Please follow the steps below to do that:

Press Windows and x together and select Windows Explorer.

Click on View tab and Click on Options at the top right corner.

Click the View tab, and then click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

Uncheck the box which states Hide protected operating system files.

Click Yes to confirm, and then click OK. 

Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy files from.

Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

•Ntuser.dat

•Ntuser.dat.log

•Ntuser.ini

Right click and Select Copy.

Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and New Username is the name of the new user profile you created.

Right click inside the folder and select Paste. Restart your PC and check if you are able to log in to default profile.

If “Fix a corrupted user profile” didn’t fix your issue, I am afraid creating a new account for your user might be the best option, if you really cannot, read following thread.

Shortly before I really thought it only could be caused by profile corruption, but seems like some 3rd party service might also became the root cause. We wonder if there is any chance you have google update services running. Even not, the method mentioned in answer reply from following thread might also be helpful. Try to shutdown computer once and logon this user under clean boot/safemode.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/temporary-profile-loads-at-log-in/6a5f0f5d-d9a4-448b-af8f-b2e6a0a05479

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 11, 2015 1:54 AM

All replies