Calendar Events Duplicating Themselves, Multiplying, Some Items Disappearing, Outlook 2010, 2011, Exchange 2010, Blackberry RRS feed

• Question

• 1)    There are MANY calendar events that have “multiplied themselves”
    2)    This has happened since the new system, but not before
    3)    This shows up on Outlook 2010 (Jodi), Outlook 2011, OWA, and Blackberry
    4)    These events are more often than not recurring events
    5)    But some events that are single instance are duplicated
    6)    Some events that are recurring are not multiplied
    7)    If an event is set for every Thursday, then it is most often multiplied every Thursday
    8)    And it is often multiplied the same number of times (if the even shows up 6 times this Thursday, then most Thursdays will be the same)
    9)    However, there a couple of times where a given Thursday might have 11 of them instead of 6.  OR may have only 1 of them, and not be multiplied
    10)    The events that are multiplied, and were created under the old Exchange server, if you look at their occurrences before the changeover, they are SOMETIMES duplicated back then as well
    11)    Further, it is not just events multiplying that is the problem.  There are events that literally DISAPPEAR. 
    12)    For instance, I was looking at Kerri’s calendar with Jodi, and we were investigating an event called “Hanini.”  The event on September 8th was NOT multiplied.  We then moved forward to the next occurrence, and it was multiplied.  We then went back to September 8th, and the event was GONE.  We did not accidentally delete it or anything, it just disappeared
    13)    This has happened according to Jodi quite a few times to reminders and appointments both
    14)    This has not happened with Contacts or anything else.
    15)    These problems do not seem to be happening when created on the Blackberry, or when created on Outlook 2010, or when on Outlook 2011.  By this I mean, we see no pattern to the behaviors in the regard of what interface to the Exchange Server we are using.
    16)    But, last night the disappearance happened to an item while we were using 2010, and we are sure that Outlook 2011 was turned off, and we are sure that Blackberry was turned off.

Thomas Murray
    Friday, November 11, 2011 3:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

I suggest you focus on one problematic user, and one specific calendar item (for example, one reoccuring meeting) in this thread. doing so could hlep us avoid confusion. Your understanding would be appreciated.

Meanwhile, move selected user's mailbox to another server/mailbox database, and then disable the blackberry temporarilly to see if the specific issue reoccurs or disappears.

If the issue continues for the selected user, copy and paste the error message, or event log related in here. It would help me research. Thanks.

Best Regards Fiona Liao E: v-fiolia@microsoft.com
    Monday, November 14, 2011 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

I suggest you focus on one problematic user, and one specific calendar item (for example, one reoccuring meeting) in this thread. doing so could hlep us avoid confusion. Your understanding would be appreciated.

Meanwhile, move selected user's mailbox to another server/mailbox database, and then disable the blackberry temporarilly to see if the specific issue reoccurs or disappears.

If the issue continues for the selected user, copy and paste the error message, or event log related in here. It would help me research. Thanks.

Monday, November 14, 2011 9:10 AM
  • Hello,

Is there any update?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:18 AM