none
Query a managed property containing a multi value crawled property? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a multi value crawled property which i have added to a managed property.

want i want to do is query from the search webpart against this managed property. this is working but the problem i have is that results will only be returned where my query term was the first value in the multi value field.

e.g.

if i use Author as the multi value crawled property and FindAuthor as my managed property.

i know i have a document with Author field set to John Doe; Joe Bloggs; Stephen King. title of the document is "why Wont this work"

if i run a query from the search box  FindAuthor:John Doe    I get a result

if i run a query with FindAuthor:Joe Bloggs     I get no result.

if i just run a search for "Why wont this work", i see FindAuthors in the refinement panel with:

John Doe (1)

Joe Bloggs (1)

Stephen King (1)

The MergeCrawledProperties is set to true for the managed property, i have even followed this guide as i thought it may have been the ; not seperating the field in FAST, but i dont think this is my problem as my refiner didnt show the authors together in a single string inlcuding the ; within the string.

Any help much appreciated.

Craig,

Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Craig,

If you can see the separate values on refinement then the filed should not be the multivalue, but lets keep this apart, the issue is that the result is not comming when you searched for second value in multivalue, is it.?

As per my understanding query looks correct but only you need to put a qouets to the actual value, example

FindAuthor:"Joe Blogs"

FindAuthor:"Steppen King"

Hope, this could work or might be you have tried this as well...., other wise as you explained functionality of refinement panel seems wiered for multivalue field.

Thanks and Regards,

Uday

Thursday, April 5, 2012 12:13 PM
  • Hi Craig,

Like to know Refiner Which you have configured on Refiner Panel is fetching from FindAuthor Managed Property or default Author Managed property?

Also Adding to uday's solution try searching with wildcards on the managed property values example :-

FindAuthor:"*Joe Blogs*"

FindAuthor:"*Steppen*"

If the values are it should give results, or else need to check how the values are stored in the Crawled Properties.

Thanks

Nikhil Sankolli

Nikhil

Thursday, April 5, 2012 4:13 PM