micrpsoft and aim RRS feed

• Question

•  

i bought a vx6000 recently and it works fine with messenger, but i have a relative who runs an apple mac computer with an inbuilt webcam which does't support messenger.

he has a system called aim and i have downloaded it but we can only hear each other. what can we do ?? does the vx6000 really only work with messenger?

hope anyone can offer advice

regards

mikejames

Sunday, October 28, 2007 10:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

According to your post, your VX6000 webcam works fine with Windows Vista and Windows Live Messenger. Therefore, I think the question may be related to following factors:

·         AIM doesn’t support some models of webcams, including your relative’s webcam model or VX6000.

·         Some problem may exist when users of different OS are running video chat via AIM.

In such case, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of AIM or visit related forums to find an answer.

At the same time, you may also use the following method to narrow down the problem’s scope:

1.       Check the drivers of both two Webcams, confirm that they are latest ones and properly installed;

2.       In your relative’s MacOS, if such problems often occur, the cause is related to the compatibility between his webcam and AIM for MAC;

3.       In your Windows, try to launch video chats with other users of AIM based on Windows. If failing to work, AIM may not support VX6000;

4.       In your Windows, try to launch video chats with other users of AIM based on MacOS. If failing to work, a problem may exist in AIM when supporting multi-OS video conversation.

Regards

Lionel Chen

Monday, October 29, 2007 9:31 AM