Mouse pointer snap range RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone advise if I can change the snap range (number of screen pixels around a graphics point) for the mouse pointer. I use a CAD program and need to increase the area on screen that the mouse pointer uses to pick up points etc. With the increased screen resolution the area (number of pixels) that the mouse pointer needs to be in to find a point gets smaller all the time and there is no provision in the software to increase the target area pixels.

Regards

Mark

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark

As I know,CAD programs should have related settings in options Dialog Box. You should be able to set the display size for the object snap target box in pixels. You could contact with program manufacturers check on this.

This kind of settings might not come with Winodws, Windows provide basic driver for devices, Manufacturers might offer advanced driver program for their products. You also could download these program to modify these settings such as DPI.

We suggest you modify these settings in your CAD program so it can only affect the usage in CAD.

Regards

D. Wu

• Marked as answer by Mark C 999 Friday, February 27, 2015 8:15 PM
    Friday, February 27, 2015 1:49 AM
  • Yes, thanks. That is exactly the case. The software vendor is currently trying to alter the program to add this ability as a result of my (and others) request. Hopefully it will be available soon!

Mark

Friday, February 27, 2015 8:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark

As I know,CAD programs should have related settings in options Dialog Box. You should be able to set the display size for the object snap target box in pixels. You could contact with program manufacturers check on this.

This kind of settings might not come with Winodws, Windows provide basic driver for devices, Manufacturers might offer advanced driver program for their products. You also could download these program to modify these settings such as DPI.

We suggest you modify these settings in your CAD program so it can only affect the usage in CAD.

Regards

D. Wu

Friday, February 27, 2015 1:49 AM
  • Yes, thanks. That is exactly the case. The software vendor is currently trying to alter the program to add this ability as a result of my (and others) request. Hopefully it will be available soon!

Mark

Friday, February 27, 2015 8:15 PM