Office 2010: Right Click function does not work in Word RRS feed

• Question

• I have just upgraded, from discs,  from Office 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro Plus. Now right clicking does not work at all in Word 2010 but it does in Outlook. Thanks heavens.

I need the language pack I had for Spanish for office 2007  and also to use Babylon 8 but apparently these will not work with 2010.

Because of the problems I tried to reinstall Office 2007 and it failed.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to sort this out and am very depressed about it!

I think there should be clear warnings about add-ins and other prgrams not working with new versions before buying and install them.

I would be most grateful if someone can help! 

Thanks.

Monday, May 31, 2010 10:49 AM

Answers

• Restoring Office 2007 after 2010 is a hassle, because of all the shared resources, and the fact that you can only have one version of Outlook. You will need to uninstall 2010 first, then you should be able to reinstall 2007, but before you do so save a copy of your normal template in 2007 format to a separate location or you could have problems using it in 2007. If necessary see also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

As for warnings, it is difficult to make add-ins forward compatible to use functions that hadn't been invented. It is always the case that when installing new software there are likely to be compatibility issues. If it ain't broke - don't fix it!

You may be able to restore your mouse response in Word 2010 by deleting or renaming the Word 2010 data key in the registry
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Data with Word closed and allow Word to build a new one.

--
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

<Chirpy> wrote in message news:74a69652-3372-4c76-84ef-8ae0ab12daf0@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    I have just upgraded, from discs, from Office 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro Plus. Now right clicking does not work at all in Word 2010 but it does in Outlook. Thanks heavens.

I need the language pack I had for Spanish for office 2007 and also to use Babylon 8 but apparently these will not work with 2010.

Because of the problems I tried to reinstall Office 2007 and it failed.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to sort this out and am very depressed about it!

I think there should be clear warnings about add-ins and other prgrams not working with new versions before buying and install them.

I would be most grateful if someone can help!

Thanks.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP - www.gmayor.com
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:08 AM
    Monday, May 31, 2010 11:07 AM

All replies

• Restoring Office 2007 after 2010 is a hassle, because of all the shared resources, and the fact that you can only have one version of Outlook. You will need to uninstall 2010 first, then you should be able to reinstall 2007, but before you do so save a copy of your normal template in 2007 format to a separate location or you could have problems using it in 2007. If necessary see also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

As for warnings, it is difficult to make add-ins forward compatible to use functions that hadn't been invented. It is always the case that when installing new software there are likely to be compatibility issues. If it ain't broke - don't fix it!

You may be able to restore your mouse response in Word 2010 by deleting or renaming the Word 2010 data key in the registry
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Data with Word closed and allow Word to build a new one.

--
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

<Chirpy> wrote in message news:74a69652-3372-4c76-84ef-8ae0ab12daf0@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    I have just upgraded, from discs, from Office 2007 Pro to 2010 Pro Plus. Now right clicking does not work at all in Word 2010 but it does in Outlook. Thanks heavens.

I need the language pack I had for Spanish for office 2007 and also to use Babylon 8 but apparently these will not work with 2010.

Because of the problems I tried to reinstall Office 2007 and it failed.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to sort this out and am very depressed about it!

I would be most grateful if someone can help!

Thanks.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP - www.gmayor.com
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:08 AM
    Monday, May 31, 2010 11:07 AM
  • I had the same problem with Office2010 -- the right click did not work (it appeared and immediately disappeared). Replacing Data in the registry did not help (but thanks for the suggestion). But when I disabled Babylon COM Add-in the right click started working in Office2010. I have Babylon 8.0.0. It seems to me that it is not fully compatible with Office2010.

Added: I updated Babylon to 8.0.7 and it started working with Office2010 fine.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:41 PM
  • Thanks!. I had the same right click disapearing act with winword 2010 and upgrading from Babylon 8.0.0 to 8.0.7 fixed the problem!

Monday, July 5, 2010 2:20 PM
  • same problem. Good solution. Thanks
    Friday, July 16, 2010 2:37 AM
  • To obtain the latest Babylon update which addresses the right click issue, please go to this page, http://www.babylon.com/support/update-information.html

Babylon notes on this page that Office 2010 is supported with version 8.0.8.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:25 PM