wbadmin start backup: scheduled backup doesn't start. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've read on page [ describing: wbadmin start backup ]:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742083(WS.10).aspx
    that:
    If no parameters are specified and you have created a scheduled daily backup, this subcommand creates the backup by using the settings for the scheduled backup.

I've created scheduled daily backup in Windows 7, and it works, but when I tried to launch command:
    wbadmin start backup
    from elevated command prompt, then only message about missing BackupTarget option & command help are displayed.

What is wrong ?

best regards Janusz Such

• Edited by Janusz Such Monday, November 14, 2011 1:05 PM
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, November 14, 2011 7:03 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Monday, November 14, 2011 12:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Base on my test and research, wbadmin start backup

If no parameters are specified and you have created a scheduled daily backup, this subcommand creates the backup by using the settings for the scheduled backup.

This doesn’t support to Windows 7, but support for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.

That’s seems a by design behavior. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:47 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Base on my test and research, wbadmin start backup

This doesn’t support to Windows 7, but support for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.

That’s seems a by design behavior. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:47 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:44 AM
  • Hi Leo,

I'm afraid that you're right.

But when I launch command: wbadmin start backup
    then message displays that automatic scheduled backup should be started [ this is Polish Win 7 version, message is in Polish :) ]
    if no other parameters exist.

Why thsi functionality was removed from Win 7 ?
    It would be useful for me...

best regards Janusz Such
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 4:10 PM
  • I will help you to submit this saturation to our development team. I believe they will fix the description or this function in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:48 AM
  • Since one of the description of wbadmin start backup:

“If no parameters are specified and you have created a scheduled daily backup, this subcommand creates the backup by using the settings for the scheduled backup” is not support for Windows 7, I will mark my reply as an answer, it will help other community members facing similar problems.

And we believe our development team will improve it in the feature.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:47 AM