canon pixma ip3000 driver for windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i hav sucessfuly installed my pixma ip3000 printer driver directly to my windows 7 64bit pc.

however this printer is usualy connected  to a windows xp pc and i used to use it via network sharing from my old laptop which is windows xp too. But now with my new windows 7 laptop, i cant use the same way. i tried to add the printer via network, it fails with the error message "unable to locate inf file".

please advice what should be done to correct this problem. appreciate your soonest solution.

thanks

Hari Gopal

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, November 14, 2010 6:22 AM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows Vista Printing)
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand that the networking printer driver cannot be installed on Windows 7 when it is connected to Windows XP machine directly. If I was misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

At this stage, I suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Click “Start”, “Devices and Printers”.

2. Click “Add a printer”.

3. Choose “Add a local printer” and click on “Create a new port”.

4. Select “Local Port” and click “Next”.

5. Type in "[\\computer name\printer name]" (without quotation marks) for the Port Name and click “OK”. 

Example: If the computer you wish to connect to is named ComputerA and the printer is called PrinterA then the path would be \\ComputerA\PrinterA  

6. Please select a correct driver from the list. If the model is not listed, please click the “Windows Update” button. Wait for the process finishes and try to find the driver again.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:11 AM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:39 AM