Multi-homed agents RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In our environment we are currently having an issue with a Windows 2003 DC. The server is located in Domain A together with an Essentials server. Agent was pushed to the DC from the Essentials server without any issues, monitoring works fine. We  also have a MS in Domain B that the Essentials server is configured to communicate with through the "Configure Service Provide Mode" tool. This is also working perfectly.

Note: There is a trust setup between Domain A and Domain B using certificates from a Stand-alone CA on the MS and the Essentials server.

However, while on the MS under Administration -> Pending Management I can see the DC and I select it and click "Approve" it does show up under Agent Monitored but after 3 failed heartbeats it goes gray. In the event logs on the DC the only thing that shows up is a warning.

Event Type:    Warning
    Event Source:    HealthService
    Event Category:    Health Service
    Event ID:    2120
    Date:        2008-05-05
    Time:        13:13:46
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    EINSTEIN
    Description:
    The Health Service has deleted one or more items for management group "TURE_MG" which could not be sent in 1440 minutes.

On the Essentials machine I get the same error in the event log.

On the MS however, I get these two errors:

Event Type:    Error
    Event ID:    1106
    Time:        12:44:59
    Computer:    SELANOM001
    Description:
    Cannot access plain text RunAs profile in workflow "NOC_SELANOM001_resursit.local", running for instance "SELANOM001.noc.intra" with id:"{8B774392-7045-0906-5DF3-063D86148800}". Workflow will not be loaded. Management group "NOC"

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type:    Error
    Event ID:    1107
    Time:        12:44:59
    Computer:    SELANOM001
    Description:
    Account for RunAs profile in workflow "CleanerOf_NOC_SELANOM001_resursit.local", running for instance "SELANOM001.noc.intra" with id:"{8B774392-7045-0906-5DF3-063D86148800}" is not defined. Workflow will not be loaded. Please associate an account with the profile. Management group "NOC"

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have checked and double checked passwords for all accounts and the weird part to me is that communication works between the MS and the Essentials itself but not between the MS and the Agents connected to the Essentials server. I am not even sure any of the errors I posted above are related to the issue I'm having but I don't have much else to go on.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,
    Sebastian
    Monday, May 5, 2008 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The event 2101 means that the queue of the health service is full. Try to perform these steps.

1. Clear the cache both on SCE server and SCOM server by running the console from command prompt and with the "/ClearCache" parameter. For example, type "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Microsoft.mom.ui.console.exe /ClearCache" and then hit Enter on the SCOM server. The console will open with its cache cleared.

2. Stop the Health Service on the agent, backup and remove the “Health Service State” folder in "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\" and then restart the agent, so it will send a complete reset of its health service state.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 8:49 AM