none
How to Display the Legend in an MS Project Comparison report RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using MS Project Standard 2010.

I have run a comparison report of 2 projects to display date differences.  I have saved the report and when I reopen the report I cannot figure out how to get the Legend to display.

Can someone kindly guide me through the process.

Kind Regards,

CharlieJo

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 4:22 PM

Answers

• CharlieJo -

There is no option to see the "Legend for Comparison Report" panel in the saved comparison report. The result of the comparison of tasks, resources and assignments is stored in Text30 custom field in the comparison report.

So, I suggest you to copy the first column (Text30) in the comparison report to another custom field and customize it to display the text rather than the icon.

The custom field "Text30" in the comparison report is set with formula and graphical indicator to display a symbol based on the comparison result. 

Steps to display the text

1. Insert Text29 column. Rename the column (Right click, customize fields, rename button)

2. Select Text30 column, copy its values and paste it in Text29 column.

3. Use the filter, group by option of Text29 column, if required.

Sai PMP, PMI-SP, MCTS Project, MVP Project

• Marked as answer by CharlieJolene Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:46 AM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:00 AM

All replies

• CharlieJo -

There is no option to see the "Legend for Comparison Report" panel in the saved comparison report. The result of the comparison of tasks, resources and assignments is stored in Text30 custom field in the comparison report.

So, I suggest you to copy the first column (Text30) in the comparison report to another custom field and customize it to display the text rather than the icon.

The custom field "Text30" in the comparison report is set with formula and graphical indicator to display a symbol based on the comparison result. 

Steps to display the text

1. Insert Text29 column. Rename the column (Right click, customize fields, rename button)

2. Select Text30 column, copy its values and paste it in Text29 column.

3. Use the filter, group by option of Text29 column, if required.

• Marked as answer by CharlieJolene Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:46 AM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:00 AM
  • Sai,

Thanks for you reply and the information. 

Kind Regards,

CharlieJo

Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:47 AM
  • Glad my reply answered your question.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:44 PM
  • very bad programming with no explanation in help. Another workaround I use  Screen shot of Legend. but still bad programming
    Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:15 AM