none
How to REALLY disable Windows 10 update? RRS feed

• Question

• Listen Microsoft, I purchased an Operating System. SO I can OPERATE IT, not you. I don't need your help, your updates, your BS chitty ass attempts at to capture a market you already losing cause you suck, and you think that will help to force people to "do anything", what u think? Last ppl u have want control, once Google makes an real PC OS i'm gone....... Take your BS, with all your clown ass engineers, stop messing with the functions, would be nice if u'all stopped messing with GUI pathways also, Idiots!!!!

So how the hell you shut UPDATE OFF? It restarts my PC daily, and stops my programs, retarded!!!!   
    Monday, September 17, 2018 3:15 AM

All replies

• Click on Start, Go to Search Bar and Type run, then key in servcies.msc
    Here you will find a list of services you wanted to stop. for example you wanted to stop Windows Update, look for Windows Update , Right Click on it and select properties , on startup type select disable.
    Monday, September 17, 2018 4:05 AM
  • Done that, don't work.........IDK why they even left FAKE/Useless options that don't actually stop update..... I could never understand why MS loves to remove options/functions/pathways......

OPERATING SYSTEM=Being able to control your own system. SO, why would they ever take way functions you need, or use? Making it easy for the Masses is okay, but leave the opts/func for "hardcore" users.........  SIGH  
    Monday, September 17, 2018 4:13 AM
  • Also, how did MS Lose out to Google/Android with their Mobile OS?? MS had that on LOCK, but how did they drop the ball?; MS mobile OS was better than anything at the time.
    The way MS is going, Goog gonna make PC OS so simple, and everyone phones will just work seamlessly, MS is on the slow road of death.........

IF someone even had half a clue at top of org, they would(been) rewriting the base of Win-Pc-os and fix all the shortcomings of the 64k boot, ram, memory, etc..... and such..

Genius would be to make multi OS, gaming/work, make it best for video/music editing also speed the focus....and access to all windows OS functions that they took away over the years and be able to pick GUI......win7,8,9 Gui with all same paths.......

Instead of worrying about trying to get people to "think" you better.........BETAMAX was Better than VHS, and what happen?? Just give people what they want, why is that so hard for companies to understand?......

Monday, September 17, 2018 4:43 AM
  • Hello,

You can use Group Policy to block automatic updates. This ensures updates are downloaded/installed only when you want them:

https://www.kapilarya.com/avoid-windows-updates-automatic-download-windows-10

Let us know if this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Monday, September 17, 2018 5:40 AM
  • If you buy Windows 10 Home edition, the only way to disable Windows 10 update is disabling Windows Update service and choose Take No Action when this service fails.

If you buy a Pro edition, open gpedit.msc and navigate to:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows update

Disable Configure Automatic Updates

Navigate to:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Internet Communication Management

Enable Restrict Internet communication

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet Communication settings

Enable Turn off access to all Windows Update features

Then, your system will not be automatic updated

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 17, 2018 7:48 AM