none
Will Rich Internet Applications like cPanel and Plesk work perfectly in Widows 8.1 and Windows 10 tablets?

Question

• Hello,

I had issues in working with the hosting control panels cPanel and Plesk in Android tablets. So before purchasing a Windows 8.1 tablet, I would like to know whether all features in applications like cPanel and Plesk can be run over Windows 8.1. As we know these applications are having Javascript based UI (RIAs).

Thanks in advance

Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:26 AM

Answers

• If your question is if these management tools can be used over the web browser from a Windows 8.1 tablet, the experience is the same as from a Windows 8.1 desktop, I have had no issues launching and using cPanel from my Windows 8.1 (and now Windows 10) tablet. The only note I would make is that the icons can be quite small for use with a finger, you are better off connecting at least a mouse if you are going to do extensive management from the device, if not both a mouse and keyboard. For on-the-go quick changes, you can do it from touch. I have not tried with Plesk, but I imagine the experience would be much the same.

I also tend to leave Tablet Mode on in Windows 10 when doing web tasks, which pops up the on-screen keyboard automatically when I need to enter text rather than having to manually launch it.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, cPanel is a Linux based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site. Just one  version of cPanel for Microsoft Windows exists, titled Enkompass. You can learn more information about cPanel in the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPanel

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Compared to cPanel, Plesk software package is a commercial web hosting automation program. However, according to my research, Plesk for Windows just supports Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 operating systems. You can learn more information about Plesk in the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plesk

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Wish you will troubleshoot the issue smoothly.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:14 AM
  • Hi Wang,

Thanks for the reply. However, I already have the hosting in cPanel based linux host and in Wordpress. I am curious to know whether cPanel user interface as well as the Visual Editors (WYSIWYG) in Wordpress works well in Windows 8.1 tablet browsers. This is for ensuring that I can work with cPanel and Wordpress backend through the tablet on the move :)

However this is not possible in Android browsers, so my hope is now on Windows and IE.

Regards

Shiya

Sunday, September 20, 2015 11:00 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, Rich Internet Applications is the w3c international standards.

https://technet.microsoft.com/zh-cn/windows/hh801958

The cPanel and Plesk will not work in Windows 8.1, but IE may apply and support such development. You can ask MSDN support to know if such development can be implement as what you want.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:29 AM
  • Thanks Simon.

Let me post in the above mentioned forum.

Regards

Shiya

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:17 PM
  • If your question is if these management tools can be used over the web browser from a Windows 8.1 tablet, the experience is the same as from a Windows 8.1 desktop, I have had no issues launching and using cPanel from my Windows 8.1 (and now Windows 10) tablet. The only note I would make is that the icons can be quite small for use with a finger, you are better off connecting at least a mouse if you are going to do extensive management from the device, if not both a mouse and keyboard. For on-the-go quick changes, you can do it from touch. I have not tried with Plesk, but I imagine the experience would be much the same.

I also tend to leave Tablet Mode on in Windows 10 when doing web tasks, which pops up the on-screen keyboard automatically when I need to enter text rather than having to manually launch it.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Thanks Brandon.

Yes this was my point - managing web hosts and sites from browser in Windows 8.1 tablets.

So if cPanel works well in Win 8.1 IE, then obviously the Visual Editors (word processing, drag and drop etc.)  like that in Wordpress etc also will be good to work with, right? I assume I can connect both a mouse and a keyboard through a multi port USB hub.

Thanks again.

Shiya

Friday, September 25, 2015 5:25 AM