Project Server 2013 - No data in "tasks" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sandbox version of Project server 2013. I have projects setup and tasks assigned to a resources, resource in the enterprise resource pool and in the project.  I have tried this with timesheets and without.

When I click on the "tasks" link nothing comes back just a blank screen with the proper heading but no tasks listed. It is as if I have no tasks assigned to myself. This is the same for all users.

When I try to use timesheets and I try to import tasks it is greyed out. I have tried single mode and non-single mode.

I prefer not to use timesheets and wonder if anyone has seen an issue where tasks do not show up for assigned resources.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:14 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. There was an AD synch issue so was treating me as two different accounts in the enterprise resource pool.
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 6:21 AM

All replies

• Bob --

Have you actually published this project?  Nothing will show up in PWA until you actually publish the project.  Please let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:23 AM
  • Thanks for the quick response Dale.

All projects are published and other users can see the tasks in the schedule just not under the "task" link. one other interesting part, although I am not sure it is related, is that in the project SharePoint site when you click on "tasks" there is a message at the top that says "This project can only be edited through Project Web App. Edit project"

I have a dozen projects all published all with resources from the enterprise resource pool. Some are "dummy resources" and some are real people (like me) and it is the same in all cases. As an example I am assigned to some tasks in every project and I only see the column headers but not tasks. 

Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:18 AM
  • I figured it out. There was an AD synch issue so was treating me as two different accounts in the enterprise resource pool.
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 6:21 AM
  • Bob --

Thank you for finding the source of your problem and for reporting the solution to all of us.  You certainly explained a mystery to all of us!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, November 29, 2013 12:59 AM
  • Hi Bob

I am having the same issue. Are you able to point me in the right direction. Are you saying that we need to adjust the enterprise resource pool. Is this the same as the PWA pool.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 4:54 AM