External users seeing us as prescence unknown RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have set up a new edge server. Internal skype is fine. Our external clients we have on skype are showing up as online. We can send them messages ok. The problem we have is that we show up a 'presence unknown' so they cant send us messages. Need help big time. Im stuck.
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have sipfederationtls dns record in external DNS zone for your domain?

Can you telnet port 5061 to your edge server from external network?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 11:59 AM
  • the edge server has 2 network interfaces, internal and external. The External had the wrong DNS, i had put google as its DNS when it should of been the domain Controller on our domain. SOLVED.
    • Marked as answer by Hendry5 Tuesday, October 31, 2017 3:30 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Hendry5 Wednesday, November 1, 2017 2:28 PM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 3:30 PM
  • Hi Hendrt,

Thanks for your sharing, it is really helpful.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1:36 AM
  • what I thought was the answer no longer is! External contacts have now changed to presence unknown again over night. Nothing has changed, nothing is wrong in event viewer either. All services seem to be running. Out of ideas.
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 2:28 PM
  • Hi Hendry,

I think you find the solution in the link below

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/7d25e05c-3d3e-4439-918d-13a5182c22b9/external-users-showing-up-as-presesence-unknown?forum=sfbfr

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Hendry5 Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:50 AM