none
Documentation on setting OSDDiskAlign RRS feed

• Question

• We just purchased a few systems from Dell with the NVMe drives that we hope will make our IS folks more productive and allow us to test these devices.  Dell provides some reference to the need to use this keyword with these drives, but I cannot find any documentation on the setting? Can our legacy HDD and SSDs handle this settings or do we need to limit the setting to only those systems with the NVMe drives?

[customsettings.ini]

OSDDiskAlign=1024

Sunday, March 26, 2017 4:41 PM

All replies

• Deprecated a good long while ago.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:54 PM
  • Interesting.  I was unaware of the keyword/property and the online help does not have it, but that has not been kept up-to-date with recent releases.  Dell references it alongside MDT2013 Update 1. (We jumped from 2012U1 to 8443.)

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/HOW11493/how-to-install-windows-7-on-optiplex-7040--and-other-skylake-systems--using-mdt-2013-update-1?lang=EN

• Edited by Eddie78701 Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:44 PM typo
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:39 PM