Network Driver Not Installing RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

Ive been banging my head against this issue for the last few days and I'm totally stuck!  Im trying to build a HP EliteDesk machine and it fails everytime with failure to get DHCP lease and this is generated because the NIC isn't installing.

Ive installed the latest drivers from the HP Driver Matrix into MDT.  Ive also read the BDD logs and I see that the task sequence is selecting DriverGroup001 and selecting the right folder.  I also see the copying of the drivers fine.  I've also copied all the drivers Ive imported into the MDT driver folder and if I install them manually onto the machine it they work fine.

Any ideas?

BDD log - https://controlc.com/70f2cea0

Thanks,

Brad

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:30 AM

Answers

• The DHCP scope was missing the router bit.  Once I added that in it worked.
    • Marked as answer by Brad Sherwin Monday, October 14, 2019 8:28 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2019 8:28 AM

All replies

• So I'm going to guess that your pc boots up to the desktop for the first time and fails to complete the Task because of a missing driver?

My first hunch would be WinPE drivers for this model. If the above scenario is what you're seeing, look for WinPE drivers for your model/arch and add them, then regenerate your boot file and replace it in WDS if you're using that.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:26 PM
  • I see a lot of drivers being copied for "Out-of-box Drivers\Net\" in the log. Perhaps there is a driver conflict. What does your task sequence step "Inject Drivers" look like? Is it set to only matching drivers or all drivers? I would try only matching drivers and see if it helps. You can also try process of elimination and remove all the network drivers from the folder and add back only the ones you really need for this model one at a time and see if they install correctly.

~ Darren

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:34 PM
  • The DHCP scope was missing the router bit.  Once I added that in it worked.
    • Marked as answer by Brad Sherwin Monday, October 14, 2019 8:28 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2019 8:28 AM