none
Since upgrading machines to Creators Edition of Windows 10 DISM..../ restorehealth not working

Question

• Both Windows 10 machines updated to Creators Edition having trouble with DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth finding source file. Also even if directed to a downloaded Windows10. iso with same version (10.0.15063.0) from here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10) gives same response.

sfc /scannow seems to work, but I am concerned about the file integrity of one of these computers and would like to run DISM.

Any suggestions?

Gerald Fay

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:35 AM

All replies

• Should I go back or should I wait until this gets resolved?

Thanks

Gerald Fay

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:43 AM
  • Hi ,

This is a known issue for Windows 10 version 1703. We have reported it to product team. We will let you know as soon as possible, when it is fixed in the future. For now, please wait patiently. If you have any concern about it, you can also go back then upgrade to 1703 again when it is fixed.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:49 AM
  • As you know Microsoft will not let "me" know when the issue gets fixed.

The only way to know is hope someone posts it on this forum.

I seriously question how this version ever made it out the door with such a glaring deficiency?

Gerald Fay

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:04 AM
  • As you know Microsoft will not let "me" know when the issue gets fixed.

The only way to know is hope someone posts it on this forum.

Yes, I will post back in this thread as soon as possible if I know it is fixed.  We sincerely apologize for causing you so much inconvenience. We have reported it to Microsoft product team. I am afraid there is nothing more we can do now. I do hope it could be fixed in the near future.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:14 AM
  • Its been fixed for months.

Thanks for posting back

Gerald Fay

Saturday, July 1, 2017 5:35 AM
  • Its been fixed for months.

Thanks for posting back

Gerald Fay

Still not working here:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:WIM:D:\Sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[===========================89.6%===================       ]
    Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more informat
    ion on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Friday, August 4, 2017 8:39 PM