i can't change anything in application Identity RRS feed

• Question

• i can't change anything in application Identity service and when i do it is said to me access is denied 

please fix this problem for me

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 4:34 PM

Answers

• Sorry there was a typo in my post, I have corrected that. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry/fl/add-change-delete-registry-keys-values.htm is a guide to registry editing. Please read the warning carefully.

Alternately from an admin command prompt (right click start choose Command Prompt (Admin), click yes to allow changes).Then copy and past the following command to delete the value;

REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AppIDSvc /v FailureActions

• Edited by -Mr Happy- Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ham0Rr43 Saturday, March 12, 2016 12:22 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:08 PM

All replies

• Yes same for me trying to change the Application Identity service, this to would by design I suspect. So can you say what you are trying to achieve and perhaps there is another way to achieve that.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 8:30 PM
  • i try to change (recovery) in application Identity 

http://prntscr.com/ad955m

i want to change (first failure) from restart service to take no action

TY

• Edited by Ham0Rr43 Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:44 PM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:43 PM
  • Well as I said I suspect this is locked down by design, so any changes I guess would be changed back to default at some point, during the next upgrade or a Windows update perhaps.

The only way I can see to edit this is via editing the registry. My so it is located in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AppIDSvc

The FailureActions value controls Recovery. I found deleting that key from that reg path sets the Recovery off. From your description changing the first option to no action ultimately turns it off so that does it.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:01 AM
    • Edited by -Mr Happy- Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:00 PM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2016 11:04 PM
  • how can i delete this key?

please give me the answer with steps

TY

• Edited by Ham0Rr43 Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:10 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Sorry there was a typo in my post, I have corrected that. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry/fl/add-change-delete-registry-keys-values.htm is a guide to registry editing. Please read the warning carefully.

Alternately from an admin command prompt (right click start choose Command Prompt (Admin), click yes to allow changes).Then copy and past the following command to delete the value;

REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AppIDSvc /v FailureActions

• Edited by -Mr Happy- Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ham0Rr43 Saturday, March 12, 2016 12:22 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:08 PM
  • THANK YOU MAN IT IS REALLY WORK FINALLY.
    Saturday, March 12, 2016 12:23 PM