Workaround for publishing Citrix XenApp with UAG for 64-bit Vista / 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It seems that the SSL application tunneling or Socket forwarding is not supported on 64-bit operating systems.

I have customer that is about to publish Citrix XenApp for users. Win 32-bit with ActiveX components are working fine, but as the publishing would require socket forwarding in basic mode, it will not work for 64-bit operating systems.

I know that I can do a workaround for 64-bit Win 7 with SSTP network tunneling, but this is not applicable for 64-bit Vista. Any tips or tricks for Vista 64-bit (also any good workarounds for Win 7 64-bit) would be highly appreciated.

BR, TommiK
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• I thought SSTP was introduced in Vista SP1. I haven't tried it against UAG though.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 4:59 PM
  • In this article, describing Vista SP1, SSTP is specified as supported:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749132(WS.10).aspx

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, March 15, 2010 6:11 PM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 6:10 PM
  • So were you able to get Citrix published properly for both your 32 bit and 64 bit clients? What did you end up doing for the 64bit ones? Did you use a generic template then launch the SSTP vpn as a prerequisite for that application?
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

Yes I did that. I do launch SSTP automatic at the same time when Citrix is launched. THis seems to work fine.

I have just tested this and also got today confirmation from the customer that this is working fine for them.

BR, TommiK

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:12 PM
  • Were you able to use Citrix XenApp from a Mac as well?
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:19 PM