none
System Center Data Protection Manager Evaluation VHD - MS SQL Server 2012 is expired RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Microsoft,

Hopefully someone that cares reads this and solves the problem for others. The DPM Evaluation VHD is packaged with an Evaluation copy of SQL 2012 which has expired and as such the Evaluation VHD is not fit for purpose.

I wonder why MS would want anyone to go through this type of unnecessary headache!! I have since come to expect this type of amateurish behaviour from MS.

Either stop providing the evaluation copy and sensible people with evaluate and buy other "working" products or simply provide the install media so sensible people can install this themselves and save the hassle.

regards

Notahappybunny

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I will raise the issue with the owners of the Evaluation bits.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by dipop Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I will raise the issue with the owners of the Evaluation bits.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by dipop Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Hi,

the DPM 2012 VHD is still carrying an expired copy of SQL, downloaded the VHD yesterday and trying to run it today I get the same error as Mike did last August

Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:27 PM
  • Same for 2016 scdpm.

I have tried to put the Developer license once, with success, but then the database installation still hanged with license errors.

Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:49 PM