wsus client control after anniversary update RRS feed

• Question

• is it still possible to control client Windows 10 PCs after the Anniversary Update ?  the interface no longer says 'some setting controlled by your administrator'

my registry key that I used successfully for Windows XP,  Window Vista, Windows 7 and first release of Windows 10 are stil there, but I'm not sure they are working,

please post an answer before we roll out 1,600 PCs with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

thanks,

Bill

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi GoBuffalo,

>is it still possible to control client Windows 10 PCs after the Anniversary Update ?  the interface no longer says 'some setting controlled by your administrator'

After testing, we found after installing win10 anniversary update, the message "some setting controlled by your administrator" is actually disappeared, while after checking register keys, the related settings for automatical update are the same as before, and clients can work well with WSUS server.

>please post an answer before we roll out 1,600 PCs with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

We would recommend setting up some testing PCs and monitor for a period of time before deploying the anniversary update to 1600 PCs. After confirming the update is safety and stable for your environment, then deploy it widespread, since as we know, it is newly released.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:31 AM