machine added to AD group is not reflecting in collection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

we use to add machine names to AD group, from there SCCM collection will fetch the records. this way we are doing deployment.

the machines whihc are added to AD group is taking 1 day to reflect in sccm collection. some times it is more than 1 day or 2days.

my adsystemgroupdiscovery polling..every 3hours, enabled delta discovery aslo..that is 30 mins.

no idea why it is taking more than a day or 2 days time to reflect. some times machine will reflect in primary sccm collection not in central collection.wondering...

please help me to resolve this issue.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:15 AM

Answers

• Provided that the computer is known to ConfigMgr. (hence, no need to run the ad system discovery) it should take

3 hours (plus the time is takes to run the process, check the adsysgrp.log file) + 30 minutes (check the colleval.log file).

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, December 27, 2014 1:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:32 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:04 AM

All replies

• An existing machine added to a group is not picked up by the delta discovery process in CM07 (only ne objects added to a group).

You need to look at:

• The full discovery schedule
    • The collection update schedule

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:41 AM
  • delta discovery works on new objects changed since lastime.look at your schdule discovery and see if collection updatation is 1 day or lesser.

you can also look at discovery log files for monitoring http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb892800.aspx list of sccm log files

Please click on "vote as Helpful" if you feel this post helpful to you.

Eswar Koneti | My Tech blog: eskonr.com | Linkedin: Eswar Koneti

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:45 AM
  • Hi Kent,

below are my discovery polling schdules.

ADSystemgroup discovery is every 3 hours

ADSecuritygroup discovery is every 10 mins

ADSystemdiscovery is every 1 day

and

my collection updatei s every 30 mins..

please tel me why it is taking so much long time to reflect from AD group to collections.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Activedirectory discovery logs checked (Adsysdis.log and Adsysgrp.log)?

Also check Colleval.log for any collection update issues or backlog.

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

User Group:  ConfigMgr Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Provided that the computer is known to ConfigMgr. (hence, no need to run the ad system discovery) it should take

3 hours (plus the time is takes to run the process, check the adsysgrp.log file) + 30 minutes (check the colleval.log file).

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, December 27, 2014 1:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:32 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:04 AM
  • This can possibly be a result of discovery of incorrect AD container/OU.

Make sure that the adsystemgroup discovery's target is the AD container/OU where the computer accounts are placed. It should not point to any container/OU containing computer account groups.

Regards Per Eriksson

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:41 AM
  • i checked the logs, no backlogs.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:21 AM
  • it is discovered to correct AD container where machines are existed.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:23 AM
  • i checked the logs, no backlogs.

Were there any references of those systems and groups in the logs?

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

User Group:  ConfigMgr Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:10 AM