How to get MDX from KPI and Scorecards using Performancepoint Monitoring Web Service (PMService) ? RRS feed

• Question

• How to get MDX from KPI and Scorecards using Performancepoint Monitoring Web Service (PMService) ?

Hi,
     My server is Microsoft Performancepoint Server 2007. I am using PM web service to capture and display the actual values from KPI and Scorecards. I would like to get the MDX and connect to the data source, then query the actual data. One way I found from the web service method getScorecards() will return an array of Scorecards. From that I can do the following to get the dimensions metadata:

scorecard[0].ConfiguredViews[0].GridViewDefinition.RootRowHeader.Children[0].Children[0].DimensionName
    scorecard[0].ConfiguredViews[0].GridViewDefinition.RootRowHeader.Children[0].Children[0].DimensionValue
    scorecard[0].ConfiguredViews[0].GridViewDefinition.RootRowHeader.Children[0].Children[0].DisplayText

So as you can see, this is not a good approach because I do not know the exact clause or aggregation. Is there a simple way to get MDX from scorecards and KPIs using the web service? Thank you.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 5:33 PM

All replies