none
How to merge duplicate windows logins RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm running Windows 10 and recently did a factory reset on my laptop and am now back up to date. That was about 2 weeks ago.

I just noticed under the Windows settings page "Family and other people" and "Your family" that there's an email listed there which is the same email associated with my main account. I enabled it to see what would happen, and it appears to be its own user account on the computer. Oddly enough, when I did sign in, it pulled the same user picture from my main account (because I'm also signed in to the same Hotmail address there).

Is there a way to merge these accounts? I don't even understand how this can possibly happen since they both use the same email to log in.

Thanks for your help!

Sunday, November 19, 2017 9:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Seems like the Reset cause this issue. If you've no issues with your current account, you can remove the other account so far. By that, you'll be left with one account that is working perfectly.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Monday, November 20, 2017 4:12 AM
  • Hi, 

I have to confirm if you have do these things: 

1. Connect a local account with your Microsoft account. 

2. Add account separately with your Microsoft account. 

If so, that could be your issue. 

If you sync settings on your Microsoft account, some settings are the same as expected, we don't need to merge them together.  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:17 AM
    Owner