No audio following Windows upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• My computer has installed multiple automatic updates to Windows Vista in the last week while I've been away.  On my return, it has no sound and the problem appears to be that the audio driver for something called IDT HDMI is not working.  When I look under device manager it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I've checked for driver updates and there don't appear to be any.  I've run the automatic diagnostics both from Microsoft (Vista Home Premium with SP2 and all up to date automatic upgrades from MS) and Dell (it's a Dell Inspiron 531 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 6000+ 3.00 Ghz, 3.00 GB of RAM and 32 bit operating system) but they haven't addressed the problem.  What can I do?

Thanks

Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, I understand that the audio used to work before Automatic updates run. Given this situation, you can double click on the IDT HDMI from device manager to open properties, under the driver tab, click "Roll back drivers".

If this does not work, please visit Dell's offical download site and install the latest and compatible audio driver according to the model of the audio card as well as the BIOS update.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:01 AM