none
Proper way to add a new page to Project BI Center RRS feed

• Question

• I have limited experience with SharePoint/Project Server.  We are currently using  Project Server 2010.  I am creating a new PWA instance that uses quite a bit of the customizations from our current production instance but not enough to just copy our prod over.  It's easier to add the required functionality rather remove all the stuff that shouldn't be there.  I copied over most of what I needed with Playbooks and everything seems to be working well. 

I need to add a new web part page to the Project BI center in the new PWA instance.  To add the page I navigated to Default.aspx under ProjectBICentre/Pages  and selected Site Actions -> More Options -> Web Part Page. I can add the page and add the Web Part to it and it functions just fine but for only the account that created page.  All other users get a Page Not Found error.

The same page exists in our prod environment and all of the pages inherit from the ProjectBICentre site collection. I have duplicated the permissions from prod over to the new instance but even the admin and system accounts get the page not found error.  I have added the page under different accounts with the same result.  Only the user that added the page can access the page.

I'm sure I am missing something simple I'm just not able to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In SharePoint when you add a new Page and  you want to all user can access, you have to do the check in to the page, this indicate you done with your page design.  Check this image... if you don't do, only the creator of the page can see it.

Ray Chapa

• Marked as answer by d.oneill Friday, July 21, 2017 2:26 PM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sounds like you forgot to give check in to protect the new page you added, try that.

Ray

Ray Chapa

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:37 PM
  • Hi Ray.  Thank you for your response to my problem although I don't really understand what you mean by "give check in"  I don't really want to protect the page.  I want it to be available to all users that have access to the BI Center.  Currently only the user that created the page is able to access it.

Thanks

Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:35 PM
  • Hi,

In SharePoint when you add a new Page and  you want to all user can access, you have to do the check in to the page, this indicate you done with your page design.  Check this image... if you don't do, only the creator of the page can see it.

Ray Chapa

• Marked as answer by d.oneill Friday, July 21, 2017 2:26 PM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:49 PM